Training

"Well... there's some stuff that he only likes me, Joe, and Andy to know about. If he tells me I can show you then I will later," Patrick says.

"Whatever. Where's all this information you've gathered, " I ask.

Patrick opens a notebook and pulls out pictures. The first one picture has people dressed in suits and hats. The second picture has people dressed in dark colored clothes, leather, and some had mohawks. The third one has people who look like they were in a gang.

Patrick points to the first picture and says,"These are the ones you have to be careful about. They're the most dangerous, they're the closest one to here, and their leader's the one that turned Pete. We call them 'The Suits.' "

I let out a small laugh and ask, "Who came up with that name?"

Patrick rolls his eyes and points to the second one.

"These are the ones that's on he opposite side of town. They've been killing a lot of people lately. We call them 'The Jokers,' " Patrick says in a serious tone.

I let out another laugh and Patrick says, "Would you shut up laughing... We call them that because their leader looks like the Joker."

He continues on to the next one, "These are in the center of town. I'm going to make this quick, so you can get some rest for tomorrow. We call them 'The Gangsters.'"

 I laugh and say, "You have no imagination Patrick."

"Shut up and go eat," Patrick says trying not to smile.

I walk out of the room laughing, and Patrick follows me. 

"What are you laughing at, " Andy asks smiling.

"He just told me the names of the different groups of vampires," I say laughing.

Pete lets out a huge sigh and rolls his eyes.

"What's your problem," I ask looking at him.

He doesn't say anything. He just looks at me.

"Okay, the silent treatment. What group of vampires do you belong to," I ask.

"Myself, " he says walking away.

Joe hands me a plate with slices of pizza.

"Here take this. I bet you're starving," Joe says.

"Thanks," I mumble.

"Don't let him get to you. He always acts like this when he first meets someone," Andy says.

"Why," I ask.

"It's just he has a hard time trusting himself around people," Andy says taking a bite of pizza.

"Oh," I say.

As soon as I get done eating, Pete asks, "So are we going to train her now?"

I turn around and say, "Patrick's already trained me."

He shakes his head and says, "On the technical stuff, but not on the combat stuff."

"What," I ask looking at Patrick.

"She's only doing the technical stuff, Pete. Drop the subject, " Patrick says.

"No... I'll do it," I say looking at Pete.

"No you won't, " Patrick says.

"You're not dad, Patrick, " I say looking at him.

"Then let's go train," Pete says smirking.

 I walk behind him into a room that has mats on the floor and targets on the wall. Joe and Andy walk in behind us. Pete turns around smirking. His fangs glint in the light making my heart beat a little bit faster. I get slightly nervous. Before I can say anything, Pete's beside me. He brushes his mouth against my ear.

"Why are you nervous? It's not like I'm going to bite you.... well maybe," my heart starts beating faster and he chuckles, "I'm just kidding."

He moves away, and I let out a sigh of relief.

Pete runs his fingers along the wall. He turns around and says, "Now, we'll start with the combat training... me against you."

"That's unfair," I say crossing my arms.

"No Pete. She's not doing this," Patrick says.

Pete ignores him and says, "That's the world we live in."

Before I can make the first move, Pete's beside me. I quickly duck and run away from him. I grab a metal bar and hold it like a baseball bat. He smiles and quickly comes at me. I close my eyes and swing the bar. I feel someone pushing me down to the ground. I open my eyes to see Pete on top of me. He's smirking and leans down closer to my neck.

 I hold my breath and he whispers, "You'd be dead right now if this was for real."