They Know About Me

I stand up and face him. I cross my arms and cock my hip out to the side.

"Focus on something that's extremely important to you and hold onto it when he starts trying to get in your head," Patrick says.

I think about my family and how I would die to protect them. I think about my mom, dad, and Patrick. I hold onto the memories that I have of us all together. I see Pete's eyebrows scrunching together. That same heavy feeling starts creeping over me. I focus on memories of my family harder.

"Why's you're arms falling down to you side," Pete asks smiling.

I look down and notice that my arms are by my side, and I'm standing perfectly straight. That's when that heaviness and confused feeling  quickly washes over me.

'Annoy Patrick,' a familiar voice says inside my head.

"No," I croak out.

'Do it,' commands that same voice.

Before I can do anything, I start walking toward Patrick. I start tapping him nonstop on the shoulder.

"Would you stop," he says moving away.

"Can't," I mumble.

'No asking for help. Now, say something really embarrassing about Patrick that only you know,' the voice laughs inside my head.

"Did you guys know that when I was like 13 and Patrick was like 18, he got drunk and made out with a tree. He got really bad splinters in his mouth too. It was really funny," I say laughing.

"You said that you would never tell anyone about that, Melissa," Patrick exclaims.

"Pete stop it," I finally manage to say.

He looks surprised when I say it. Seconds later, he's out of my mind.

"You've improved from where you were. You had enough will power to fight it," Pete says.

"So does that mean we can stop for tonight," I ask.

"Nope," he says smiling.

"Oh my God," I mumble.

After hours of training with Pete, we finally stop for tonight... well technically it's 2 in the morning. I'm laying in my bed when I look out the window to see Pete walking down the sidewalk. I quickly put on a jacket and sneak past the guys who are asleep. Pete's phone's laying on the table.

I open it, and there's a text message from a unknown number... 'Meet me at Corner of 4th Fremont Street. We know about her.'

My heart feels like it's in my mouth. I search 4th Fremont Street on my phone. I need to walk straight until I come to the 4 way stop then turn right and keep walking then I'll be there at the end of that road. I quickly grab my purse that has the stakes in them and walk out of the house. It's eerily quiet. After 30 minutes I reach an alley way that's neat Fremont Street.

Up ahead I hear a man say, "We know about Patrick's little sister, Melissa. When were you going to tell us about her?"

"Leave her alone. She has nothing to do with this," Pete growls.

"Then why has someone told me about her training to hunt us," he asks.

"You must have heard wrong," Pete hisses.

"Don't lie Pete. I bet Dylian would love to know about her," the man says.

"If you dare tell him about her, I'll-," Pete growls getting interrupted.

"Relax. I won't tell him if you prove to me that you're still one of us... I mean not a member of our group, but still a normal vampire who drinks human blood. Where's the girl," the man says.

Seconds later I hear a girl scream, "Please just let me go. Please!"

The crowd of people start yelling, "Kiss her! Can't you hear the blood pumping beneath her skin?!"

That's when I hear the man scream, and seconds later the girl's running around the corner. She sees me and runs toward me.