Shiawase 幸せ

Mavis' Point of View

“Happy Valentine’s Day!” Jazz yelled as soon as she entered our classroom. Geez, doesn’t she get tired of yelling?

We all greeted everyone. Some gave gifts or roses to their admired classmates, some gave cards to their best friends, and some gave chocolates and roses to their loved ones.

A-And I received a bouquet of pink and white roses from Allen. They are so elegant, I wish they will not wither and die..

Jazz got a bar of chocolate and three red roses for ‘I love you’ from his boyfriend. That got her all giggly.

Soon I got a rose from a stranger, a higher year student. I accepted it with importance. Being given a gift is flattering, I don’t want to waste it. When he left, I turned around only to see Allen’s frowning face.

I tilted my head in confusion. “What’s the matter?”

“Nothing.” He looked away while pouting, his brows bent.

“Oh, come on. Don’t be all grumpy on Valentine’s Day.” I smiled to lighten up his mood.

“Who’s that from?”

“Huh?” I searched for what he’s pointing at and found out it was the rose from the guy. “Oh, a fourth-year gave me this—Wait, are you..” I jerked at him. “You’re jealous, aren’t you?” I grinned widely at him. That feeling knowing that he’s jealous about this little thing.. I’m so happy.

“Don’t make fun of me.” He pouted like a child once more.

“Aww, my Allen is jealous! He’s even more cute!” I giggled.

I saw a hint of red on his cheeks. “I-I like it when you say that.. That I’m yours.”

My heartbeat quicken and my face became hot.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Em.” He smiled so sweetly that his eyes disappeared.

“H-Happy Valentine’s Day too, Allen..”

His gorgeous eyes are melting me down..

-----------------------------------------------------

Our relationship is still a secret to everyone except my best friends.

And also, my mom will kill me if she finds out. And she will despise me a lot more than she does..