|Visit|

.

Kate's POV

As I had said, I quickly unpacked everything and jumped onto my bed. I did not even bother to take a shower or change.
Please don't judge me, I'm a lazy potato.

I skipped breakfast and woke up for lunch. That's when I realised that I actually had nothing to eat except some snacks and instant noodles I had brought with me.

Anyways, better live with that itself; that's all I can afford today.

Suddenly the doorbell rang.

I wondered about who it could be.
Maybe it was the next door neighbours. When I firstly met them, they gave me a welcoming smile and some help in shifting my luggage in. That was so nice.

But it actually turned out to be Niel who surprised me with shopping bags full of kitchen needs.

"Oh no no no, you didn't just-"

"Yes ma'am, I did think that you would need those things so take it."

"I can't...I was going to buy it anyway so we can go return it or-"

"Stop. Just accept it as a welcome gift kay?"

"If you insist, I should definitely return you this favour then. What say...Dinner? Some day? You choose."

"I don't mind."

"Good."

He flashed me a smile and headed towards the sink to wash his hands before putting on a pair of gloves.

"What d'you think you're doing right now?" I asked

"Oh just what you're thinking..."

"Come on, don't be such a gentleman and let me do it."

"First thing: I am an actual gentleman dear and second: I'm here to show off my cooking skills. What did you think? I cared for you this much, duhh."

"Savage jerk." I dissed.

"Those words should not come out of such a pretty mouth. Shut it up and watch me."

I could even say day by day, so hour by hour, I felt more comfortable and open with Daniel, a complete stranger I had met merely twenty four hours ago.

The fastest friend I had ever made out of everyone.

Shaking my thoughts away, I hurried to put on gloves too and start cooking with Niel.

The tantalizing aroma of the grilled fish cutlets he had been making was totally engulfing me.

Was he a hidden chef or what? The way he finished with the perfect topping also brought up some doubts.

"Done. Taste it."

I took a bite and the juicy crunch of it was so scrumptious I fell in love.

I love food; good food.

"How do you- I mean I tried a lot but cooking is just not for me," I admitted.

"Grandma. She was a cruise chef and loved to travel, just like me. They all say I'm her mini version as I had inherited her looks and characteristics more than my dad himself."

"Your grandmother must be really pretty then..."

"Sure she was."

I clearly don't think he realised what had just escaped my mouth right now.

After cleaning up the kitchen, he bid me goodbye and promised to get me for dinner tomorrow.

"See you then."

Since that day, he often visited me and I already became used to him being my morning clock several times.

We usually set out exploring Paris or simply spent a pleasant day at my apartment, resting in front of some T.V. shows.

"Speaking about it, I still don't know how your place looks like." I said suddenly, out of the blue.

"If you don't have any plans, you could come by tonight."

"Tomorrow morning will be better."

"Why? You're afraid I would do something huh?" He smirked and gave me a studious glare.

"No way. Who ia afraid?" I shrugged his head away.

"Then, come tonight itself. I'll make you something delicious."

"I would like you as my main course tonight. What say?"

"Just say this once more time you little freak." He grabbed my hair, which did actually hurt.

"Ouch leave it. What? I was just playing along."

"Okayy, so what part do you want;  the-"

"I ain't hearing anything, I'm going..." I quickly rushed away from there, refusing to listen any further.

"What? I was merely playing along." He laughed.

"She got shy, cute."

I heard him whisper things under his breath.

"Those kinds of dirty thoughts don't suit that cutie face you have. At all."

"And who cares? I mean what's better than a shy guy on the outside while a hot jerk on bed?"

"That's my type. I had a nasty experience with a bad boy before, so no more those types of guys. Actually, I'm just saturated with guys-"

"So what do you want now? Girls? Awesome."

"Could you just let me finish?
I mean- I don't care about them anymore except you. You've turned out to be a surprisingly great friend man."

"That's my nature? I'm a good guy."

"Sure you are. Your girl will be very lucky you know that?"

"Well speaking of this, I actually have someone in mind. She's just a call away."

"Then do it. Call her."

"You sure?"

"Come on."

He went to fetch his phone from the kitchen table and dialled the number.

Peculiarly, my phone beeped.

"Hey impossible. Don't make such jokes. I got scared for a split second."

"Sorry. Was just kidding-
But why did you get scared? What if- What if this truly happens?"

"What d'you mean by that?" I asked, confusion blinding my face.

"Nothing. I- Hmm need to go now. See you tonight."

"Yep, ok bye."

A tense and awkward atmosphere lingered between us soon after this conversation.

It was the first time we felt so uncomfortable and eerie in the company of each other.

As far as I know, Daniel is purely a mere attraction to me and nothing else.
I am seriously not ready for any kind of other relationship apart from being close friends.

Sure, he did flutter my heart at times but I know he did not mean anything else.

I probably was the only one raving.

Even if a part of me wished he thought the same.

.

-V♡