|Asleep|

.

Daniel's POV

"Dinner is served."

Lyn rushed to the table and I held out the chair for her to take a seat.

"Gentleman," She chuckled.

"Because why not? Mademoiselle."

She laughed at my flirty approach and we then grabbed our forks and knives to devour the tender delicacies right before us.

21:30

Here we were, our backs against the bottom of the couch and our legs crouched on the carpet.

We opted for a funny movie this time instead of our usual romantic action thrillers.

The dialogues were so lame but that's what made it hilarious.

Lyn was secure under the covers with her woollen socks and hat on. She looked so small and fragile; as if a baby you would have wanted to enclose in your embrance.

I approached her and took her hand in mine.

The gloves that I had bought on my arrival here finally proved to be of some use.

I was certain that her hands were ice cold judging by the way she continuously rubbed her palms together.

We lay in this position for a while; our hands locked and body pressed closely to each other.

This stupidly cold night made me want to cuddle with her so badly.

After some time, I felt a weight on my shoulder and the soft tremors of her curls prickled the base of my neck.

Lyn had fallen asleep.

Carefully, I tucked her head in her hat, without any wish of disrupting her peaceful slumber.

My phone read 23:00.
I knew that it was time for her to return to her apartment, however I did not want to let her go.

First thing: She was sleeping so soundly that I did not want to create a disturbance.

Secondly, I liked the scent and feel of her so close to me; it sent an unexplicable gush of heat through my body.

I made up my mind to let her stay for the night.

After carrying her to my bed, I tucked some loose strands of her hair out of her face and whispered a goodnight before leaving the room.

My head rested on the armrest of the couch while my whole body took all of the latter.

Still, I felt pleasantly comfortable.

At least, Lyn was sleeping well.

.

Kate's POV

My eyes fluttered open at the vivid rays of sunlight through the window. I uncontiously rolled to the other side of the bed, letting out a yarn, still completely unaware of my location.

Flopping onto the bed covers again, a scutinous scream left my mouth when I had whirled around to look at the young man next to me.

"Enjoying my bed?"

That was when realisation started dawning on me. I slept at his place yesterday...

"But how did I end up here?"

"Don't worry we didn't sleep together. I only removed your jacket because you were feeling hot."

"I didn't ask anything like that."

"Although your face tells me otherwise."

"Anyways, I guess I should move now. I feel the need to freshen up a bit," I said on smelling my hair and clothes.

After thanking him enormously for yesterday, I directed myself to my apartment.

I opened my inbox for any messages and one was from mom, the other from an anonymous number. Unexpectedly but as if everything was planned beforehand, the two messages read nearly the same thing.

Mom: Hey baby, how are you doing? You know I was so busy with the wedding but you could have at least left a voice mail. Anyways the point of my message is to inform you about your reunion with Carlisle who I supposed must have tried to reach you too. I know you must have felt so wronged and hurt but please understand; the poor guy is hell bent on getting back with you Kate. He comes here every single day after your departure. Please just give him another chance. I know he'll treat you better. Loves, Mom.

The other text message was obviously from Carlisle the way he was pleading along the lines of his humongous trashy paragraph.

Really? Did they really think I would actually go back on my decision with those messages?

I felt liberated in this new world, I was able to decide on my own without considering anyone first.

Selfishness must strike me at least once in my life.

With this on my mind, I removed my sim card and threw it in the bin.

"Now let me see how you try to contact me you assholes."

.

-V♡