Chapter 7

"What's wrong?" I start yelling.

"You have.." The doctor says looking down.

"What?" I scream.

"Cancer, leukemia." He says.

"No. No! I can't! How?. Why me?" I scream. I start to bawl. Bawl harder than ever. I start to scream. Kick and scream as I feel arms try to hold me. I kick and kick and kick. I throw my head back and put my hands over my face. Millions and millions of questions run through my head.

When I start to calm down I hear, "Ava, we will get through this. I promise."

"No we won't. I know I won't. My life is ruined." I say.

"No. We will, you will." Dylan joins.

I look up to see one of the nurses staring at me. I see Dylan with red puffy eyes. Macie looking down. The doctor whispering to the other nurse. Everyone turns to look at me.

"What?" I say confused.

"Your.. You... You are turning pale." Macie says stepping back.

"What?" I say and look at the doctor. Before I knew it, I was on the floor unconscious.

I open my eyes and I'm on a hospital bed. I see the doctor looking down. I turn my head to see Dylan and Macie crying.

"Ava, you are okay. You are in a hospital. You have leukemia and many other injuries. You went into emergency surgery." The doctor says.

"I know where I am. And I know everything else" I look away.

"You what?" The doctor asks.

"I. REMEMBER." I say sitting up.