Chapter 11

"Thank you." I drop my head.

"For what?" He asks.

"For telling me the truth." I lift my head to meet his eyes.

"Oh, honey." He says "I will be back tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay." I say. The first time in six years I don't want him to leave. I've missed him so much and now he has to leave.

Macie and Dylan come in shortly after my father leaves. "Thank you" I say

"For what?" The say in sync.

"Bringing him here. Thank you" I say again. Macie runs over an squeezes me tightly. I suffocate when Dylan joins, but I'm enjoying this. Hugging is what I need. It's better to have company then be alone when you feel like dying.

...

When I woke up there was Waffle House waffles on the hospital tray. I sat up to see my dad and Macie talking. "Hi." I say with a smile.

"Did you get your beauty sleep?" Macie stands up.

"Yes." I laugh.

"Good." my dad joins. Macie pulls the tray over to my bed and I chow down on the food in less than ten minutes. I felt like I haven't ate in forever.

"Where's Dylan." I ask.

"Work" Macie lies.

"Liar." I say "I know when you are lying"

"We broke up, okay? I don't want to talk about it" she booms.

"Sorry" I look down. Worry flashes over her face.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you" she states.

"It's not my business so I'm not going to bring it up" I smile. "Do you care if I call him to update him? I still care for him" I ask nervously.

"Sure." She looks away. she obviously doesn't want me to, but I'm going to. Even though they spilt up I still care for him. I will wait til they both leave.

"I'm tired. I need rest" I half lie. I am tired, but I want to call Dylan in private.

"Okay." Macie says.

"Okay." my dad says.

"Bye, love you both" I say eagerly.

"Love you too" my dad says leaving. Macie doesn't say a word and leaves. She's mad.

I call Dylan, it rings three times and goes to voice mail. *i will call tomorrow* I think and doze off.