Chapter 9

When I wake up I can feel a hand rubbing up and down my arm. I squint my eyes open and see Macie talking to Dylan. I attempted to read her lips but, my brain is mush and I can't concentrate.

"Hey she's awake" I hear a mans voice. I turn my head to see my father. *Last time I checked I never wanted to see him again* I thought. After what he did to my mother I never want to see him but clearly Macie and Dylan didn't get the memo. I sit up and give him the meanest look I could possibly do. "Get out." I say angrily.

"Ava." He says looking down. "I don't want you to get worked up right now. Be calm."

"If you don't want me worked up, then leave, now." I say crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry." He says tearing up.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I practically scream at Macie.

"I thought y.. You needed someone." She says.

"Why would I need him when I have you?" I calm down.

"I don't know." She says "I'm sorry." She hugs me. I look at Dylan eye begging him to wrap his strong arms around us. He responds perfectly. He sits on the bed, at first he rubs his hand up and down my back. His touch makes me have goosebumps. Then, he wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly.

We all let go and I am ready to talk to my dad, privately. "I'm ready to talk to him." I say.

"Okay." Dylan says grabbing Macie's hand. Ten seconds later my father walks in.

"Are you okay, Ava?" He says kissing my forehead. I start to bawl and I hug him. I have missed him so much. I don't know if I could forgive him. Not after what he did to my mother.