Ch. 7 A chat with Baxter Stockman

"It's amazing that Aya has used you to communicate for with in the qutemue realme, it's like she's using as singal" Baxter said amazed with Mikey's story about seeing Aya's memory.

Right now Mikey and Shini where sitting in chairs in front of Baxter ' s desk as they talk to him, while Dr. Kobayashi was standing near the door with a scowld. Baxter had always be fansited with teenagers and young adults and thire talents and kinder sprites. That's why he took a liking to Mikey and Shini almost imditely.

"It was so weird" Mikey admits.

"I bet wittnessing a memory of some else, it sounds like Aya wanted to show you something or trying to communicate with you" Baxter explains.

"But why and how is that even possible ?" Shini asks.

"I think it has do with how close you are to Mikey, maybe you think about him a lot and that's what Aya is using to communicate" Baxter explains.

"Well Aya did have funny ways of doing things" Dr. Kobayashi mutters but found himself smiling a little remembering Aya's unique humor.

"So how do you guys know each other ?" Mikey asks.

"Well me and Norio where partners on a project called Mutagen X, it was designed to give people super powers..." Baxter said before Dr. Kobayashi inrupts.

"That's a lie I orginal designed mutagen X to help cure people of harmful desires, not to give them powers, you tampered with my work by adding chemicals making it unstable to consume, it became an harmful drug" Dr. Kobayashi snares.

"It wasn't addictive, I made sure of it" Baxter argues.

"But like a drug if you constantly over expose yourself, it will stop your heart" Dr. Kobayashi growls.

"Well if I was given more time or the fact that I quite working with Dr. Kobayashi I would I have made it stable and permanent" Baxter points out. "You know it felt really good quiting " Baxter smirks.

"Quit ? You didn't quit ! I fired you !" Dr. Kobayashi shouts.

"Best desion of my life" Baxter smiles.

"Well my powers when I had them where hard to control, flying was difficult" Mikey said.

"You had the ability to fly ? Tell me how high did you ?" Baxter asks.

"65" Mikey smiles.

"65" Baxter repeats in awe.

"If you two are done comparing height" Shini said.

"65" Mikey grins.

"Can you help us find the lab ?" Shini asks.

"Well you need an older regulator to track your father's suit" Baxter said.

"I destroyed all the regulators !" Dr. Kobayashi shouts, not knowing there was still a working regulartor.

"Why becauses that's what caused Aya to disappear ?" Baxter mocks him.

"You son of a b..." Dr. Kobayashi shouts about to punch him but Shini stops him.

"Stop it ! This isn't helping" Shini said before turing to Baxter. "Is there anything else that can help us find the lab ?" Shini asks him.

"No that's the only way to find it I'm afraid" Baxter sighs.

"Thank you for your help" Mikey said shaking his hand.

"Anytime you and Shini are welcome back to talk with me anytime" Baxter smiles before frowning at Dr. Kobayashi. "Execpt you Norio I don't like you" Baxter said.

"Yeah I don't like you too" Dr. Kobayashi mutters as they leave to the van.

As Dr. Kobayashi drives he mutters to him self.

"I destroyed all the regolartors awhile ago, we're not going to get a lead" Dr. Kobayashi mutters.

Mikey felt like this was an good idea to tell them about what he did with the suit Dr. Kobayashi had upgraded about a year ago.

"So you said it can be on an older suit" Mikey asks.

"Yeah why ?" Dr. Kobayashi asks.

Mikey smiles sheepishly.

"You didn't get rid of that suit" Shinigami smiles.

"I didn't get rid of the suit I just hid it" Mikey said.

"Look I'm relived you didn't destroy the suit, but you could have told me you hid becauses the new suit I gave you still needs work done" Dr. Kobayashi sighs.

Mikey pulls out his phone and calls Rai to go to his house and find his torpher.

***************************************************************

"I can't find the torphy" Rai said.

"But I put it back after I was done playing with Molly, I know I put the torphy back in my room on my nightstand" Mikey said.

"Well I looked everywhere it's not here dude" Rai said.

"Then where can it be.... Oh uh" Mikey said relizing who has it when he remembers what Molly said about show and tell.

"Thank man" Mikey said as he hangs up.

"Okay I know where it is buuuut your not gonna like it" Mikey said sheepishly.

Dr. Kobayashi drives the van up to an elementary school and looks at Mikey who puts his new Turflytle suit on.

"I can't believe that a little girl has my suit and she doesn't even know about it" Dr. Kobayashi said with a sigh as Shinigami telporats in the school and Turflytle turns invisible and enters the school.

***************************************************************

Note : we got a lot more insight on how mutagen X wss created. Next chapter Shinigami and Turflytle go into the elementary school to find the torphy where Mikey's suit begins to clitch up. Hillouises high jinks in soon