VII - Am I right, brother?

Author's note: I added some pictures of how I picture Karina, which is Kaya Scodelario, specially how she looks in Wuthering Heights and The Moon and the Sun. Also, I want to thank those who have begun reading the story and given me your support! I really appreciate it, specially since it's been hard to start a new account and leave my old stories and readers behind. Hope you enjoy this!

· Four months later ·

The big celebration night had arrived. Every noble in the realm was invited, which startled the maidens all day long; the baths had been unusually full and agitated, most skipped their tasks to spend more time looking for the perfect dress, or hair, or who knows. It would be a blatant lie to say I wasn't excited to dress up nicely, but I didn't have much to work with: my mother had sent a lilac silk dress that revealed my shoulders and let me know which shoes I was meant to accompany it with.

I examined myself in the mirror, reassuring myself that the clothing fit perfectly. I decided to add a large golden headpiece that covered my hairline instead of calling for a servant and ask her to do an elaborate hair arrangement. Finally, I was able to head towards the great hall, along with other maidens I crossed on my path. The place had been decorated for the occasion, and had also set two large tables on each side, serving food and beverage for guests.

Immediately, I spotted my mother in the distance, dialoguing with a higher maiden and an old man. She gestured me from across the room, so I approached her. "Mother." I greeted her as soon as I joined her, then faced the guests she chatted with and bowed, for I didn't know their names.

"You look wonderful, my love." The woman remarked, yet proceeded to present her company to me. I didn't remember their names, I merely greeted them back. She whispered in my ear "You are exceptionally late." when no one watched, and later returned to her act. "Everything looks wonderful, doesn't it?"

"It certainly does." I nodded, ignoring her scolding. I cared not to be late, for I didn't care for courtesy chatting with the guests. "Thor must be thrilled. Has he arrived yet?"

My mother's male friend scoffed. "About half an hour ago, dear."

After he had pointed towards the Prince's direction, I forced a false smile and excused myself. "It was a pleasure." I retreated before anyone could stop me from walking away.

I directed myself towards Lady Sif, Thor and Loki, whom I could distinctly recognize, discussing by the columns that faced the outside garden. They all wore very formal clothing, which was different from Sif's usual look, but the two brothers did not shock me. They did give me a pleasant surprise, since they looked splendid. As Loki's gaze met mine, he froze, forcing me to feel anxious of my own walk. He admired me from head to toe only to then half grin at me.

"Prince Thor" I saluted him formally even though the last few months I had met him enough to only call him by his first name; I was merely following courtesy rules. "Congratulations on your crowning."