XXIX - Wicked

A/N: I know I've been CRAZY INACTIVE but I promise it's for a good cause! I've been writing three marvel stories at a time so that I can post them more periodically and you lovely readers don't have to wait so long :) I suck :) but this story's coming to an end and I'm getting freakishly emotional about it. Enjoy! And to those of you who are still sticking around since day one, I love you so much and I don't deserve you. This one's for you ❤️

A full week had passed since I had first set foot back in Asgard and it still didn't feel right. Loki's chambers that he offered as he had to stay in Odin's did not suit me at all, they felt... odd.

My chambers weren't a choice given they had been reserved by someone else since my departure. A lot had changed from when I ran off through the bifrost, menacing Heimdall. For once, there was no Heimdall anymore, not to be seen at least. My parents weren't either. It was as if they had gotten rid of my existence by getting rid of my belongings. Every time Loki would drop by, he would update me in regards of what was going on outside of those walls I had trapped myself in, what the people thought of Odin's protection towards the traitor.

There was no word of my parents. They had heard about me coming back and decided not to be mixed with the prisoner. I figured I had that coming, betraying the family name and taking them down with me.

The knock on the door was heard loudly. Four knocks were the key for me to know that it was Loki, or Odin, really, asking for passage. I stood up from the unmade bed and swayed towards the big gates of the room that had once been ours, and now belonged to no one.

"My apologies, I didn't mean to impose." His body changed back into his own once the doors were closed.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes, you did." I mildly mocked him, my voice full of emotional exhaustion.

The amount of days spent with Loki simply because I didn't seem to have any other options had taken the best of me. I turned my back on him and walked across the spacious room.

"How are your wounds?" he asked politely.

"Completely healed, you know that, you saw them yesterday." I sighed out before facing him again, placing my hands on my hips and collecting myself. "You're running out of excuses to come see me, Loki."

The Prince emitted a shameful smile as he stared down at his feet. "I'm afraid I am too obvious."

Suddenly, his wicked, proud smile came back to his face. It wasn't innocent like when we first started, nor was it insane like his New York self. It was new, but it was his. I gestured him to sit on the bed, which he responded with an utterly confused look; however I gave no room for objections, and instead insisted with my eyes for him to sit down. He wasn't used to taking orders from me, but eventually complied.

"Kari, I... I can't have you here and not see you." His words were firm, not desperate nor sad, just honest, as his green eyes stared up at me. "You're back in Asgard, exactly where you thought you'd never return and where I'm confined to hiding for who knows how long... It can't be mere coincidence."