oo4

CHAPTER FOUR

My arms were crossed in front of my chest, waiting for Ten to open the door and reveal the guest.

Ridiculous- there's no way that spirits are real . . . or is there?

I was hoping for Yuta to stop him and tell him to ignore the knock, but the man beside me didn't move a muscle. Eyes heavily darted towards the door way, I was beginning to think he found this rather entertaining. What would he do if it's one of his killers? What would I do?

Ten opened the door as if he wasn't terrified if the knocker brought a weapon with him. I bet he didn't even mind dying. He's that drunk.

The door opened, the wind flew inside the mansion, and snow started raging everywhere.

I dared to gaze at the visitor.

I didn't know spirits could freeze because of the cold.

"Good evening, my fellow neighbors," he greeted. "I am seeking shelter from this cold, terrible storm. Mind if I could use some space inside your glorious home for a while?"

Human.

The knocker's a human boy.

But it didn't mean that the story isn't real. It could be any kind of species or ghosts, but the result is still the same. Somebody lurks around Section 116 in search of a light. This man with a shady figure standing in front of us was a proof. Legends may be passed on in different versions, but there's still truth that exists within it.

However, a question arises: Is it really light that they're seeking for?

Ten, speechless, eyed the stranger with serene eyes.

"Let him in, Ten," Yuta said, catching me by surprise. "Six people are pretty lonely for a party, don't you think? Invite him to make this celebration merrier."

Yuta's words caused the stranger's lips to curve upward to form a smile. "Wonderful. I can assure you that I am not a bad guy," his huge eyes looked at Ten, "you can even check my pockets."

Ten lifted a brow and scanned the man from head to toe in a few seconds, "Nah, you're good. Come in, bud."

With a smile of triumph, the stranger walks inside the house.

Ten closed the door before him.

Great, the idiots just let a wolf in.

As soon as he was inside, Ten's cyborg offered him to take off his coat.

"Feisty," he grinned and for a second there, I swore I saw the metal on the cyborg's face turn orange. Smoke started whistling out of her mechanical ears as well. The boy blinked, smiled and then chuckled when he felt the cyborg's system overheat.