o25

C H A P T E RT W E N T Y - F I V E

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - F I V E

"Please read to the end."

Mark offered me his goggles, the corner of the lenses blinking with an interval of about a second.

Kun and I were all geared up near the doorway, ready to depart back to the city. Unlike me, the magician was carrying a bulky knapsack on his back.

I grabbed the goggles, eyeing the 'Lee' imprinted near the ear-fitting part.

"Lee for Mark Lee, huh," I grinned.

Mark returned back the expression. But when Donghyuck began talking from behind, his grin dropped to a frown.

"Lee for Lee Donghyuck. The goggles came from my imaginative mind. Mark just did the assembly of the parts and programming. But honestly, the whole freaking thing was my idea."

"Yeah. Yeah," Mark rolled his eyes and faced the younger boy.  "When will you stop bragging?"

Donghyuck, with dispute arrogance, tilted his head to the right side. "Once people stop assuming that the Lee stands for Mark Lee."

"Is this what they call childish anger?" Mark snapped back.

"Perhaps, but I keep on being discredited," Donghyuck stepped forward and spoke with a mocking tone. "Mark, this. Mark, that. Mark. Mark. Mark. Everything's about the great and talented Mark. When will I ever-"

Then Mark's ears turned red. "It stands for the both of us, okay?! So stop it. The Lee stands for Mark and Donghyuck, okay? It has been ever since!"

"Oh. My. God," Jisung gasped. Beside him, Chenle's right hand was over his mouth, in pure shock of Mark's sudden confession.

Meanwhile, Jeno and Renjun were giggling nonstop on the corner.

This time, loud and gabby Donghyuck was reduced into a rock. He didn't make any sound nor did he move a muscle.

Sighing, I placed my hand on my temples and muttered, "Okay, guys, how will I ever go to the city with a peace of mind if I leave you guys like this? You're in utter chaos, and I haven't stepped a foot outside this place yet."

"Yeah!" Renjun exclaimed. " 'To leave a good departure, is to leave behind a good home.' " He said, one finger pointing out, while reciting the phrase with a proud tone.

"Oh, where did you get that quote?" Kun asked in pure interest, his almond eyes glimmering.

Renjun scratched the nape of his neck. "Oh, um. I just made it up, haha!"

I smiled. "That's a very meaningful line, Renjun. Since you're the oldest one here, I trust you with everything, deal?"

"He's not the oldest. Yuta is," Jeno remarked.