o60

C H A P T E RS I X T Y

C H A P T E R
S I X T Y

"Neo Culture Technology," Yangyang started, elbows resting on the table. "The technology that started the plague, the technology that was supposed to be used as a weapon to get rid of the President, until things turned upside-down. It's powered by Neowaves."

"Neowaves are capable to control a machine as fatal as that?" I asked, staring at him eye to eye.

"Neowaves are capable to do many. As a worker in the President's office, I had discovered a lot of things. The Regulate. The NCT. The virus. Everything is connected to each other."

"Since you are working for the president, you should at least know what his face looks like."

"That is impossible. The president never shows up. Instead, he has a representative. Cyborgs, most especially. Often times, it's Hendery or Xiaojun. But never me."

"Why not you?"

"I am young and incompetitive in their eyes, Sooji. But I am going to prove to them otherwise," Yangyang smirked.

Sitting beside him, Kun heaved a sigh. "What Yangyang is trying to say is that he copied a design of a powerful machine and constructed a copy by himself. It's delivered yesterday in this place.

I blinked. "You did all of that by yourself?"

"Of course not," a voice from the back added. "I helped."

Turning around, I saw Ten, dressed up in a casual attire; black leather jacket and black fitting pants.

He greeted everyone with a smile. Behind him was Cyan, whom I observed seemed to be Ten's favorite cyborg.

As soon as he found his seat, which was the one beside me, the meeting continued on.

"So as I was saying," Yangyang cleared his throat. "I stole a design from one of the President's Research Wings. It is a machine that could scan one's Neowaves, and then read it."

"Mind-reader," Ten added. "You could basically see what's inside a person's mind. But mind-dissecter is a better description. You're pulling and pushing out Neowaves here, which could affect a person's neurons in the brain."

"Who are we going to use this machine for?" I asked.

"Not for. Against," Yangyang swallowed a lump in his throat. "We're going to use it against Hendery."

Hendery. Wong Kunhang.

"It's worth the sacrifice," Sicheng said. "We're going to lure Hendery here. He's the one who has the highest knowledge about the president. Through him, we could get the answers that we want. The cure, the identity, the murderer of the Capital Rulers. We will lure Hendery in this place, trap him, and use the machine against him."