o52

C H A P T E RF I F T Y - T W O

C H A P T E R
F I F T Y - T W O

We departed the house in an instant.

Yuta slightly felt a bit better, to the point that he could cope up with me as I sped-walk, or maybe he’s just forcing himself to catch up. I suspected the latter more.  He was silent the whole time, and I was starting to miss the Yuta who had a lot of things to say or to tease with. He was following me silently. I felt so sorry for him. He needed to deal with problems after problems after problems. Aren’t we all? I made him wear a hood that I took from Grandma’s house, just to conceal his face.

While on our way, I sent Ten and Sicheng messages to let me know if they saw Jeno or Renjun in the city. Worry and anxiety filled my brain. I told Mark to meet up with me, just in case, and also told him not to bring the other DRM members and, instead, let them stay in the hideout to guard.

The woods were obnoxiously appearing like giant monsters, surrounding us like those pictures I saw in horrific fairytale books. Leaving the sea behind was day-changing. But we needed to move on.

I constantly kept blaming myself for Jeno’s decision. I remembered that night I scolded him, that night when he called me mean. If I didn’t make him feel that way, he wouldn’t have done this. He would’ve waited or asked help from me. But of course that wasn’t the case.

A friend calls a fellow friend when in need. And he called Renjun, not me. He’s afraid of me.

You’re not
living.
You’re just
surviving.”

Jeno, so this is living for you? Bulldozing yourself in a dangerous maze like a lost soul; so that is living?

Getting the idea that he’s a Neon might be another factor why he had done this. But those gems couldn’t change a person’s fate. That gem corrupts one’s fate.

If Jeno and Renjun left at 9 in the evening yesterday, a lot of things could’ve happened. And we were too late to change any of it.

We made it to the clear, where the soil was starting to be replaced by marble floor. Trees became giant metal posts. And the wall was not too far from where we were standing. I stopped by a hidden location, sending Mark my address so he could see us here. I made Yuta crouch down beside me. I cupped his cheeks and said, “You need to return to the hideout first. You don’t need to come with us.”

His brows furrowed. “I’m not a little kid.”

“Yuta,” I sighed. “You’re not feeling well, And it’s not safe for you.”