o18

My senses ebbed away from sleep and I jolted awake

My senses ebbed away from sleep and I jolted awake. My body rocked with the motion of a moving vehicle as I sensed the vibration of the engine travelling to my body.

The flowers were still all around me, shaking due to the shift of the truck.

So everything that happened wasn't a dream.

But when I looked at the person sitting across me, I realized that this could still be a dream.

In front of me, Yuta was resting and watching me with uncanny blue eyes.

His cut stopped bleeding, covered and coated with bandage and ointments that I can smell from my position, but nevertheless his muscles were still perplexed.

He looked sleepy too. The both us were tired but none of us put voice into what we feel. I was more convenient since I've fallen asleep the entire time during the travel. But he didn't. And heavens wait... Does it mean that he had been watching me asleep?

"It's fascinating," he suddenly said, putting an end to my dilemma. "This vehicle," he placed his palm on the surface. "This vehicle is fascinating."

"It's a normal truck," I answered.

His lips formed a dangerous smile and his gaze flickered now and then, glancing momentarily at the flowers and the windows and the lights and the metal.

"I had an accident when I was young. Ah, wait. That wasn't an accident, someone was really intending to kill me. Ever since then, my parents don't allow me to travel in a car," he looked at his shoulder. "That's why they built Limitless. The largest train ever in the world. They built it for me. So I can still travel the city no matter where I want to."

"Oh. I thought they built it for the people in general," I raised a brow. "Turns out it's a huge travel toy for their little son."

"I am not bragging, Soo," his eyes flickered. I'm still not used to the nickname. "I just hoped you could understand how much the Capital means to me. It's my home."

I paused. "I'm sorry then. I'm sorry that you need to leave your home."

I left mine too. Not just home, but my family. I left everyone and I left one of them to die.

Yuta's still looking at me. The sight of him was so unfair especially that there were flowers around him. It made him prettier than he was.

"You sound rude rather than sympathizing," he pointed out.

I paid him no mind.