35<broken pieces>

Luke*

"What the hell happened?" Ashton and Calum ran into the waiting room I was in. I'm just waiting to hear the words.

I tried to calm myself down as I stood. "He," I hiccuped. "He he jumped in front of the gun," I looked at them.

"How? What was going on? How the hell did this happen?" They harped at me.

"I don't know." I said honestly. "One minute we were just sitting there together and the next, he jumped in front of the gun."

"Niall?" Ashton questioned.

"No," I said. "It was a friend." I said. "It's a long and hard story," I said wiping tears away. "Drew went to shoot Mason, and he jumped in front of the gun."

I sat down and started to sob my eyes out. Ashton and Calum hugged me and tried to calm me down. "He's Michael, he's been through everything. He won't die." Ashton rubbed my back.

I sighed as I ran my thumb across Michael's hand. I haven't moved in days. I have a chair pulled up to his bed side, with my head laying on his thigh. "It's okay," I whispered to him. "It'll all be okay. Soon we'll be at home. In an actual home, maybe have a family?" I chuckled. "We'll live normal lives. You'll probably become a professional dancer, I know it's your passion." I sighed and looked up at him. "I love you. I love you Michael. You can't give up. You've gotta wake up. It isn't fair. You've been through shit, and I know that. But it doesn't give the universe a right to let you die. You won't die. You're going to have an amazing future! You're gonna have everything, and I'm gonna give it to you," I said. "I promise." I kissed his knuckle.

"Hey," I turned to see Ashton, Calum, Harry, and Louis walk in. "How's everything going?" Harry asked.

I stood up. "The doctors said that," I sighed. "If he makes it, he should wake up in two days. But if he's not up by then," I shrugged. "There's nothing left to do."

"It's shit that his own mother doesn't want to come." Louis spoke. He went and sat down on the other side of him, Harry following.

"She's a cunt." I laughed through the tears. "I knew her better than he did. It shouldn't be like that." I sighed and sat back down.

"He was an amazing dancer," Ashton said.

"Is." I looked at him. "He is an amazing dancer."

He nodded. "He is." He sighed. "He is the best student I've ever had. He is so dedicated, passionate about it. He told me it just takes his mind away from reality." He chuckled.

I smiled and looked at Michael.

"He's a good person. No matter what life does to him, he's always trying to make other people smile. I mean, he literally took a fucking bullet for someone he barely knew." Calum chuckled and wrapped his arm around Ashton's shoulder.

"He's my best friend. I know everything about him. All of his secrets and fears." Louis spoke. "I might not have been there enough, but I love him. And I hope he knows that."

"What's his secrets?" I asked with a chuckle.

He laughed before answering. "Um, one time, when we got high, he told me that he's never jerked off before," he laughed. "So, then, after a while, he told me he finally did," he started to laugh again. "He jerked off in the back of a movie theater while watching spider man." We all started to laugh. "When he gets bored, he watches porn, but doesn't jerk off to it." He chuckled and looked at Michael. "He told me how he lost his virginity in the bathroom of a movie theater."

We all kinda chuckled.

"He's an amazing person. He made great changes for the better of things." Harry smiled. "He was trying to fix things in his home life, but it was hard. He tried so hard to get on good terms with Julie after she wrecked everything." He sighed. "So hard."

I smiled at him.

"You little shit," we all looked at Michael who started to move around. He opened his eyes and looked at Louis. "I told you those things out of confidence." He chuckled.

We all kinda screamed about him waking up. Tears being shed.

"You scared the shit out of me!" I yelled as I hugged him. "Oh my god," I started to sob into his neck.

He only chuckled and ran his hand through my hair. "I'm okay," he chuckled and kissed my head.

I just kinda laid there hugging him. I don't wanna move. "I love you so much," I cried.

"I love you too," he smiled down to me.

I pulled away so the others could hug him.

"I'm sorry I shared your secrets," Louis laughed and hugged him.

"Well, They're not secrets anymore," he chuckled at him. "You guys are the best." He said to them with a huge smile.

"We're just curious," Ashton said as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Why'd you do it?" He asked.

Michael kinda looked upset about the question. He looked down. "Can me and Luke be alone?" He asked. "I just wanna be with him right now," he looked at me.

"Yeah, Of course," they said and all nodded. Harry kissed his head and walked away.

I sat down on the side of his bed and hugged him. "I missed you so much. I was so scared." I said truthfully.

"It's okay," he smiled. "I'm right here."

I gave him a gentle kiss. "I thought I'd never see you again," I sighed.

He only smiled. "How Long was I out?" He asked.

I laid down beside him, just holding him in my arms. It's nothing but relief hearing him talk to me. "Two weeks, I think. I lost track after five days," I chuckled.

"And you didn't leave my side," he said.

"How'd you know?" I asked and looked at him.

He shrugged. "It was like being asleep, but," he stopped with a shrug. "It's like sleep paralysis."

"Damn," I let the word slip out with a chuckle.

He chuckled at me. "I heard what you said." He started. "When you said we'd have a family. Live our lives. Have a future." He smiled at me. "Have a home. You didn't give up." He laced my hand with his. "I might be seventeen, but I know what love is, and I heard the love in your voice." He spoke softly. "I do, Luke. I do love you."

I was honestly all smiles and giggles hearing him say that. "I love you too," I smiled and kissed him.