33<no secrets>

Mike*

I sighed as Mason stood off the bed as Luke walked in. "Hey, I've got it!" He said holding up the pill bottle. He had a water in his hand. "Thanks," He said to Mason.

He only nodded and walked out, shutting the door behind him. Prick. He's no help.

Luke sat beside me and I took the pill. "What did you do?" I asked him without thinking.

He looked at me weird. "What do you mean?" He asked.

"You've obviously did something to piss off that Drew guy. What happened?" I asked again.

He kinda stiffened. "That's the past now. It was a judgment call, and just an instinct."

"What was a judgement call?" I asked with furrowed brows. "Luke, what did you do?"

He sighed and stood up. "Do I have to talk about this?"

I nodded. "If I'm going to trust you again, you can't hide everything from me. I'm not a dumbass." I stated.

Luke looked irritated.

"Did you kill someone?" I asked.

He only sighed with a chuckle. "Might as well call it that."

I stood up and stared at him. "What the hell did you do?" I asked. "Tell me. My life is literally falling to pieces. I wanna trust you." I sighed. "But to do that, I've gotta know." I shrugged.

He only sighed and put his head in his hands. "Look, if you think that I'll hurt you-," he started.

I stopped him. "I don't. I know you won't, but I still wanna know everything, Luke."

He sighed. "Why?"

I chuckled. "The last time I didn't ask for someone's background, he slowly became my stalker, tried to kill me and everyone I love. Tell me what happened." I demanded.

He jumped up. He got in my face. "Leave it alone."

"Or what?" I said, standing up to him. "What happened? Did you lose your temper and kill someone? Is that what's gonna happen to me if I keep nagging you?" I smirked and pushed him around.

Suddenly, he threw me on the bed. "Drop it." He said through clenched teeth.

I was a little scared, but I'm not giving up. I stood up. "Tell me what the fuck happened.  The girl they were talking about, did you kill her? Is that why Drew was so upset? Did he know her?" I kept pushing his buttons.

He tried to walk away but I pulled him back. He pushed me down.

I was scared. I'm not gonna lie. But I still have to know. I stood up and grabbed his hand, "Luke," I said and pulled him to me. "Just tell me what you did. I know it's gonna be bad, but I'll always trust you. I've always trusted you, and I always will trust you." I put my hands on his cheeks and just looked at him. "Explain," I said.

He sighed and sat down on the bed. "I never meant to hurt her. I did love her." He said.

"Who?" I asked and sat beside him. I laid my head on his shoulder and held his hand.

He sighed and looked around for a minute. "Drew's sister, older sister." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Long story short?"

I shook my head. "Everything."

He sighed with a nod. "After I dropped out, I didn't try to start a band, I joined a gang. Conner's gang. He was my best friend, so he took me in. He said that I had to do something to actually show that I appreciate them taking me in. So," he shrugged. "I started to deal. I started to do dirty work. One day, I sold to Drew's sister. He found out and almost killed me. Then he almost killed her." He rubbed his face in frustration. I could tell he didn't wanna talk about it. He sighed and looked down. "We started to talk and hang out. I liked her. She was one of the coolest people I'd met. One day, she caught me with Drew and confronted me."

"You guys were dating?" I said, more than asked.

He nodded. "She was my everything. We dated for ever. Nine months exactly. When she caught me-," he started.

I stopped him. "Caught you doing what?" I asked.

He sighed. "I wasn't gonna kill the dude. I was just roughing him up. Me and Mason. The guy still hadn't payed us for the past few drug deals, so we had to show him we meant it. Mason whipped out his knife, I was holding him down. We were just Messing with him. She showed up, how? I still don't know. She confronted us about it, causing a huge scene. People started to come over, we were in an alley, she started to yell and freak out. The next thing we knew, there were police car sirens coming at us." He stopped talking for a minute. He looked down. "Mason grabbed his gun and before I knew what was happening, she was laying dead on the cold wet ground." He started to cry.

I rubbed his back.

"I ran. I fucking ran instead of staying. I ran away." He laughed through the tears.

"I'm sorry," I said and continued to rub his back.

He looked up at me. "That wasn't the only thing." I looked at him a little worried. "When I started to date Julie, your mother, I kinda laid low for a long while. Conner said that he'd kick me out if I didn't show my keep." He shrugged. "So, I started to deal again, and more dirty work. One day, the guy came back, he was drunk. I can remember the smell of scotch on his breath and urine on his pants, he was so drunk. He went crazy on me. The police showed and I was terrified. They said that if I'd sell out other dealers, I'd be free." He sighed with a shrug. "I gave up Drew and a few others. He was let go because he didn't deal as much. They didn't care for him. It was all because of your mother."  He shrugged. "She called the cops and pressured me into selling them out. They hated her. Hated me. Kicked me out. So that's when I asked to meet you. She said I can move in if I did." He shrugged. "I didn't have a choice."

It was quiet for a while.

He looked up at me. "I was terrified of Niall and what he threatened to do to you. I didn't run away." He chuckled. "I mean, I kinda did, but for your safety. I hope you know how much I love you. I'd never do anything to put up in harms way." He said.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around him. "I love you too."

He let out this huge sigh of relief. He just held me tightly. "I didn't mean to push you." He looked at me worriedly.

I smiled up at him. "I'm fine." I reassured him. I kissed his cheek. "I promise."

He sighed and just held me. "I'd never do anything to hurt you." He said softly. "I've learned through my past mistakes."

I smiled at the gentleness in his voice. "I know that."

We laid down in the bed, him still holding me.

"Am I still gonna go to school and dance class?" I asked.

He let out a longing sigh. "I don't think you should. Who knows what Niall will do." He explained.

I nodded. "Are you gonna have to deal again?" I asked worriedly.

He shook his head. "Conner said that I don't have to this time. But I am getting a job. You'll stay here, out of harms way, and maybe eventually," he shrugged. "We can move."

I nodded with a smiled. "Okay," I said and snuggled into his chest.