~03~

~°°°~

~°°°~

It has been a few months since the last time Sohee spoke with Hoseok. In an honest way, she was fine with it but seeing his face made her almost break down. All she did was burying herself in the blankets of her bedroom and crying silently. She didn't need any company, but she longed someone to be alone with.

She didn't get out of bed most of the times, insisting on just laying there without doing anything. Nobody came to check on her except for those who brought her food and clothes.

Sohee missed everything.

She missed standing up on the hills like those tall trees, not frozen but just as their budded twigs moved and so did her long hair. She wanted to close her eyes and feel the cold wind after a heavy rain and take several deep breaths before opening her eyes to take in the view. She wanted to touch the wet grass and lie on them despite the wetness and stare at the gloomy sky.

She longed for the sleepless nights in the hospital, beat up conversation with her co-workers, having soju after a successful surgery, greasy food in the middle of the night, music and her television.

Sohee missed everything she had in her past life. It almost seemed perfect and now she came to regret dying so carelessly. It was impossible for her to forget everything and embrace her new life, but she felt herself missing something. Almost as if she wasn't supposed to be there at all.

But now, when she opened her eyes after her lazy slumbers, all she could see was her dark red and black room, looking ever so lifeless in front of her eyes. She wasn't even allowed to step outside without Zen and the motivation to wander in the castle was no where to be seen.

All she wanted was, her old life.

Everything changed when Hoseok barged into her room with a helmet on his head and one in his hand. He was alone. No Zen or demons whatsoever but he didn't look happy to his wife either.

The first thing he saw as soon as he stepped into the room was, Sohee lying on the big queen sized bed with dozens of pillows surrounding her. She was in her black lace nightgown, which she found the most comfortable to wear in the nights and days. Unfinished breakfast, dinner and supper was still on her table, waiting to be touched once again.

It was said that immortals didn't have the needs of drinking or eating but the pleasant taste of food and the refreshing beverages got the best of them. In the underworld many dinner parties between noble demons and ghouls were held, almost all of them sent countless invitations to Jung Hoseok. He however, didn't like the taste of food. He was hungry only for human souls. 

Hoseok could feel how Sohee absolutely cried with sorrow and dismay. She wasn't conscious of his presence. He stood a little behind the bed, catching the last soft awful yet painful whispers.