~05~

~°°°~

~°°°~

The garden in the underworld mirrored a graveyard. There weren't any dead bodies or tombstones, yet a feeling of being in a graveyard was still there. The black grass had been mown so short the ground showed through. The moss is scuffed from the soil, rolling away from the carpet, all yellow cause of the heat.

There was even a gate of rough wood. It was as big as an elephant and ivy cascaded over the fence, growing tendrils in every direction. Clusters of defiant daffodils reared their golden heads amidst the gloom and there were smatters of Fuchsia alongside the scarlet and saffron-hued primroses.

The only place where Sohee was pleased to be in beside her bedroom, was this garden. It was larger than any other gardens she had to lay her eyes upon. Strangely, her mind was at peace as she sat down under a huge oak tree with a classic novel in her hands. On earth, she would've ran away far from this place, if it existed in there. But in the underworld, she had become to gain more courage than she had in her entire life.

As soon as she sat on the black grass, a voice was heard right infront of her. More of a bitter chuckle than words.

"What a little peasant," Kisum said, laughing at her own words as she motioned her minions, or should I say, the rest of the wives to laugh along.

Sohee scoffed. She had gotten used to the mockings and teasings from these women for the past few moths. It had turned even worse when Hoseok spent almost all of his free time with Sohee, only making them jealous, especially Kisum.

Not caring if they were going to continue with their business or not, Sohee just opened her books and started to read. She didn't even finished the first sentence, her book was snatched away.

"Hey!" Sohee shouted, getting annoyed. She stood up from the ground, wiping the dust from her jeans.

"Look at her when she's talking, peasant human." Sakura commented, eyeing the poor girl disgustingly. "Look what you're wearing! A pair of ripped jeans and a baggy black t-shirt. How ugly!"

"I'm not wearing them for you. At least I know how to cover myself, unlike you," Sohee shot back, almost earning a big slap from Sakura if it wasn't for Kisum, who stopped the mini fight.

"Ladies, calm down. Let's talk it out, shall we?" Kisum smirked, throwing Sohee's book into a pool of mud.

Sohee's ears turned red, yet she managed to keep herself calm. "Let me guess? You're going to mutter out some hurtful words and leave like usual?"

Miri, the second wife let out a dramatic gasp. Coming from rich families in the underworld, they sure haven't been raised well. "I'm surprised that you are very smart now. That is exactly what we're going to do!"

"And I don't want to see you running towards his Highness to complain about us. Of course, he loves me the most." Kisum said, studying her nails with a bored expression.