~04~

~°~

~°~

Rain fell in crazy chaotic drops, the gusting wind carrying them in wild vortices in one moment and diagonal sheets the next. The pitter patter of the rain created a shield around everyone. The rain that fell was so different from the last time Sohee saw it. Before the drops were so ambient, all they brought was wetness. Now, the droppings from the sky brought nothing but the coldness of the season ahead. Sohee knew that the underworld didn't have any seasons or rains or any other natural disasters, so she cherished the moment as long as Hoseok let her, who by the way was leaning against the door frame, watching her with a carefree expression.

Under a roof, where Hoseok called as his house, where no human lived, sat Sohee on the wooden floor, watching the rain. The devil felt her happiness inside him. The little happiness she found in a little of time.

Sohee felt like the heaven above her, knocking on the doors, grooves and windows, asking her to open as they wanted to wash her away from the world. But sadly, even if she wished to go to heaven, she didn't have a chance. Not anymore.

Hoseok felt something wrong. Groaning out of frustration, he sat next to Sohee, careful enough to avoid the rain from wetting his figure, unlike Sohee who preferred to drench herself in the rain. She would never get sick anyway since she was an immortal.

"What?"

"What what?" Sohee asked, bringing her attention to Hoseok. The devil, who was studying her expression before, looked away, not wanting to get caught. And for his relief, he didn't.

"You don't like this? I thought you missed your world." Hoseok said but in his mind, he knew that the human world wasn't her original one.

Sohee bit her lip from smiling. "I do like this and I did miss my home. But...don't I have to go back to yours? Where it's only dark and boring?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes out of annoyance. He wanted to admit, Sohee was starting to get in his nerves just like his other useless wives.

"Let's make a deal then," Hoseok said, staring right into her eyes without any hesitation. "If you feel absolutely horrible, I or Zen will bring you here. Just for a few hours but in return..."

Sohee pursed her lips together, getting her hopes up as she waited for him to continue.

"In return, you have to assist me in my works. Usually, the wives I have–"

"You mean the snake, the baboon, the bull, the Llama and Miyoung?" Sohee asked innocently but in her mind, she was hoping to catch a shocked Hoseok.