~10~

~°~

~°~

Robbing Sohee's strength, the uninvited fever welcomed itself rapidly. It didn't show any sign of shifting away, if anything the coughs and the chillness kept increasing every hour. The poor fallen angel moved on her bed sluggishly, too lazy to walk. For the past few hours after Hoseok left, Sohee had lain sick, unable to find her energy. It started little by little, giving her signs that she should follow her husband, but being the stubborn person she was, she didn't dare to return.

Yoongi could only watch painfully as his sister suffered alone. He tried to convince her to leave and even promised that she could visit heaven any time she wanted, yet she didn't listen. He blamed Hoseok for ruining his sister. If only Sohee had listened to him that day, she wouldn't gotten herself in to a big mess.

Happiness was like a cloudless summer night to Sohee, the kind of a night she would forget about the weather at all. The sky was dark blue, covered by billions of stars as if a child had cut little holes on a black plain paper. Sometimes she would notice the full moon hanging like a pearl, giving her the only light she needed in her life. There were times Sohee imagined Hoseok as her moon, but those times were rare but memorable.

Outside the glistening palace, the said weather shone brightly for the princess' likeness as if the Heaven welcomed her with open arms. It had always been her home after all, with her own soul or not, she was still Sohee. Despite the warm welcoming, Sohee felt herself shivering under ten layers of blankets in her room, trying to survive the cold.

"Your soul is getting weaker minute by minute. If you don't hurry back to the underworld right now, you won't be able to save yourself later. It would be too late." Yoongi spoke for the first time after a while. "Don't be an idiot Sohee. I sensed everything. You love him."

"He killed our parents, Yoongi. I cannot love someone who murdered our mother and father." Sohee spoke, barely a whisper. "I don't care what my heart wants. I just want to stay here and do nothing."

Yoongi sighed, remembering how the teenage Sohee used to act when she got her first heartbreak by an angel she liked. She refused to leave her room for a month and didn't talk to anyone except for the maids who brought her food. Seems like he was going to relive the same moments once again.

"They died a long time ago. We have to move on Sohee. Don't be stuck in there forever. Forgive Hoseok, that's what good does." Yoongi placed his hand on her forehead to check her temperature, only to snap it back to him immediately as soon as his skin made contact with her burning one. "Oh dear, it's getting even more worse than before."

Sohee shook her head weakly, "I don't belong to the good side anymore, so I'll pass."

Yoongi stood up, and threw her a serious look. "You said it by yourself that you don't belong to the good side and Heaven is the home for the people who are purely good. So, why don't you leave then?"

A tear escaped from his eyes as he said those words. As cruel as it might have sound, Yoongi did not want his sister to disappear as well. Before Sohee could even answer back, he said something that completely shattered her entire world.

"As you die here slowly, there is someone dying with you on the other side. Go back before it's too late to save him."

Then, he left the room without saying goodbye.

↑↓↑↓↑

"Maybe if you weren't such a troublesome goddamn waffle, we could have ruled this hell together." Yoonoh complained in between his grunts. He was training with his sword under a leafless tree as his brother watched him quietly, sitting on a wooden bench, too tired to even duel.

Nevertheless, the devil still managed to throw him a comeback. "No one asked your opinion, you abominable shit goblin."

Yoonoh stopped, sweat dripping down from his intense workout. He breathed slowly to calm his breath and didn't crack a smile like he normally would. "Hoseok, hate to break it to you, but you're dying. You do know that, don't you?"

Hoseok didn't answer.

"Why in the name of Hades would you take her to that cursed place? You knew what was to come, yet you still took her, why?" Yoonoh dropped his sword and sat next to Hoseok, gulping down a bottle of water.

"She deserves to know the truth." Hoseok answered dryly.

"No," Yoonoh shook his head. "There's another reason."

Hoseok groaned. "Mind your own-"

"It's because you love her isn't it?" Yoonoh whispered, looking up at the sky. "Despite being married to six women, you saw her, only her."

By how Yoonoh read his mind so easily, it was as if Hoseok was an open book, too pure to hide any secrets from his own brother.

After a few minutes of silence, Yoonoh spoke again. "Why won't you tell her?"

"Do you think she would believe me? The Lord of the underworld in love with a former angel princess. Sounds pathetic to me." Hoseok mumbled.

"Might sound pathetic, but not quite impossible if you asked me."

"No one asked-"

"Yada yada, love makes everything possible. Not easy, but still possible." Yoonoh smirked, but it vanished as soon as he realised something. "You said, just a while ago, you were dying right?"

Hoseok shrugged his shoulders.

"Hoseok, if you're feeling so little pain, don't you think Sohee, who only exists because of your soul, is probably going crazy...right now?"

Hoseok's eyes shot up from the realisation, shooting profanities under his breath. He should have brought his wife with him no matter how much she wanted him out of her sight. If Hoseok barely manages to live with his soul, how could Sohee bear any more pain if she owns only a little of his?

"Get your sword, we're going to heaven." Hoseok stood up immediately and rushed inside to inform Zen that he and his brother would be leaving.

He promised to return.

And he was going to keep it no matter what. Suddenly, everything and everyone around him didn't matter to the lord anymore, for there was only one person in his mind.

Jung Sohee.

●●●

2 more chapters to go until the end :')