4. The moment of truth

2 weeks has passed. And I got my parents to sign the forms in America and mail them back here. It was a trip.

Today was the results today. I was a nervous wreck and I had to go back to BigHit today. 

2 hours later

There were about 50 people who so badly wanted to be the next member of BTS. 

I got a 000000000000000.1/ 100,000,000 chance. 

"Okay everyone before I say who the next member is... Song Jilin!" 

I was heart broken. But no can say I didn't try. But then, later in my life

...a miracle happened. 🤭

(1 month later...in America)

I checked HerJams on YouTube and this Jilin girl is awful. She's really mean to Army's and she faked her audition, the judges found out. She had this sort of voice changer with her to make her sound beautiful. But then she ruined the Blood Sweat and Tears concert. 

Abuela was staying with us for a couple of weeks, her house burned down. 

"Aye, Availia get the door!" "Si, mama." I walked to the door and opened it. There were two men in suits and sunglasses. 

"Abuela did you get in trouble with the FBI again?!" "No, no. We are not the FBI, we're from BigHit Entertainment. If you let us in we will explain everything." I let them in. "Mama, papa y abuela!" 

They came into the living room. They saw the men. "Mama! Again?!" "I didn't do anything!" Abuela shouted.

"Who are you?" Papa asked. "We are agents from BigHit Entertainment, a South Korean idol Kpop company, and we are here for Availia Parez."

"Why ? she auditioned for them 1 month ago," mama said. "We are aware of that. She auditioned for BTS and she didn't get the cut and a girl by the name of Song Jilin got it."

"Yeah, so what does that have to do with Availia?" Papa asked. "Well Jilin faked her audition and if she was sick or didn't show up for the results..."

"I would've made it," I finished. "But since BigHit is replacing Jilin, she is the next option. We have your signatures for her to be with BTS. Is this still valid?" 

I looked at my parents with pleading eyes. "Yes," Mama replied. "Great. We will give her sometime to pack and say her goodbyes. We'll be waiting outside."

M"Mi mija! I hope you make a lot of money!" Abuela said. "I will, abuela, and I'll buy you a new house too! You can have my room until!" She nodded. 

"Mama-"I've heard about these Kpop things: the diets, the image, everything! Just promise us one thing...don't forget who you are and don't change, okay?" She hugged me. "We love you so much, my little sweet baby vidalia onion!" 

"Go pack now. Pack well," papa said. I packed.