2.8 | old man jack

by the time we get home, all the boys are sitting on the couch.

my moms in the kitchen reading a book, next to the slow-cooker. it's probably warm.

my siblings are having sleepovers at their friends houses, so it's just us.

"LETS DO A LIVESTREAM!!!" corbyn yells, as we slouch on the couch.

zach and i shrug, while jack, daniel and jonah are jumping up and down while chanting "LIMELIGHTS, LIMELIGHTS!" over and over again.

"keep it down please, i'm trying to read." my mom voices.

the boys all apologise, over and over and over again, while zach and i corrupt in laughter.

we start the livestream.

"hey guys!" jonah says as everyone joins, in two minutes there's already 19k on.

"wow." i say softly.

the boys start talking and answer questions.

"who is the girl?" zach reads, he points to me, "her?" he asks the chat.

everyone comments "yeah" "yes" and "WHO IS SHEEEEE?"

"that, is MY best friend, arden." daniel says placing his arm around my shoulder.

"she's all of our friend." jack whispers to the phone. i laugh.

after a while, everyone has already asked their questions, and it's focused on me.

i don't have anxiety or anything like that, but if you did, it would feel so horrible being in the public eye. i'm not saying i'm popular, but if you were it would be bad.

"so how did you meet the boys?" asked someone in the chat.

"um, well, jack texted me accidentally, it was for someone else, i hope. i don't really know why i kept texting him, it could've been a creepy old man, which is what jack is, a scary ol-"  i start, getting cut off from jack hitting me lightly in the arm.

"i'm not an old man!" jack exclaims.

i roll my eyes, which makes corbyn and jonah laugh.

"ANYWAY, as i was saying before i got RUDELY interrupted, by old man jack." he scoffs, as i keep talking, "then he added me into a group chat with the rest of the boys, and here we are now." i say.

are you dating any of them? someone asks.

i decide to skip that, but zach reads it out loud.

"arden, are you dating any of us? someone asked." he said, jack probably told them that we kissed.

i think about it for a second, "i am single." i reply, it comes out more like a question though.

jack looks at me, "YEP, all of us are single. except for the bean." he says patting corbyns shoulder.

wow that was awkward.

———
why does anyone read this haha