Chapter 20- Salmon, Mushroom, Butter, and Everything Nice

Third POV:

Moka started off making her dish. She couldn't stand the thought of Hinako glaring at her like a mad dog who haven't been fed for years

Before anything, Moka took out the salmon and cleaned it thoroughly. Moka then took out a kitchen knife and cleanly cut off all the unnecessary parts of the salmon, leaving only the meat. 

First, before seasoning, Moka sprinkled the fillets with sake, and salt them lightly on both sides of the salmon. She then let them set for five to ten minutes. Once the moisture is drawn out, she wiped them down with paper towels. 

Next up, the onions. Moka cut them into thin slices along with the carrots. She also separated the shimeji mushrooms. Then Moka seasoned the salmon with salt and pepper. 

Moka took out foil and then spread the onions and carrots on top of it. She then sprinkled finely ground consomme. After that, she placed the salmon and mushrooms on top. To top it all off, she placed a chunk of butter on it. 

Moka sealed both ends of the foil before closing the lid and letting it steam on low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. To her calculations, it would be good to let it steam for at least 19.13 minutes before serving. 

During those few minutes, she examined all the students in the room. 'Most of them are struggling. That includes Soma and Megumi. Although, they should do fine under the pressure.' Moka's attention turned to the Aldini brothers. 

"I found a duck!" Takumi boasted. 

'Duck? Where did the feathers go? Where's the duck's butt? I think Sasuke stole it...' Moka thought. (AN: LMAO! SORRY! I HAD TO~!)

The students gaped at the duck in his hands and they began to yammer. 

"What?!" 

"He found a duck?!"

"And not just one. They had chickens and rabbits inside the area too. I was totally surprised no one even thought to look for them," Takumi provoked the students. Although, the students didn't really mind his taunting in his voice, as they were more into the task than Takumi himself. 

Moka jumped at what Takumi said. 'R-rabbits?' a visible blush could be seen on her face as she thought about the fluffy animal. Moka ran out the kitchen just to find a rabbit which confused most people in the room, especially Takumi. 

Most students had the same thought in their minds. 'I thought she was done with her dish? What is she doing?' 

About a minute later, Moka came in with a rabbit in her hands with a flowery aura around her. 

Everyone thought she was going to kill it for her dish until she started petting it. They sweatdropped at her actions and some even anime fell. 

"Fuwa, fuwa," Moka murmured under her breath. 

Moka snapped out of her moment before going and checking on her dish. She placed the rabbit on the table. Surprisingly, the rabbit didn't move. '12 more minutes until the salmon is cooked. I should give Bob the Rabbit a bath now.' And Moka did just that. She gave Bob a bath in the sink. When she was done, she dried Bob up and placed him on the floor so he could roam around. 'Maybe I should give him to Gin. That big guy needs a spot for love. He doesn't even have a girlfriend yet. That's just sad with his age. He's getting old.'

ooo

During Moka's 12 Minutes of "Peace":

Moka was bored after giving Bob a bath. She wanted to play with him until Hinako stole him away and decided to give the poor rabbit her signature death hug. 'I don't think the rabbit will survive... maybe... sorry Bob...' Moka prayed in her mind.