Part 5

(8 years back)

Steve kept staring at Natasha throughout the class. He noticed every detail of her face, memorized her features, made her sketch fixed in his mind.

And at night, he transferred the sketch onto the paper. So beautiful, so soft, so innocent. He had never seen anyone like her. She took his heart away the moment her eyes met his.

There was so art class the next day, or the day after, and Steve couldn't find her during the breaks. He wanted to talk to her, he wanted her to be his friend, his love, his life.

By the end of the week, Steve was desperate and couldn't take anymore of it. He decided to go search for her. And so he did. But how would he? He didn't know where she lived, or who she was. But she was new. He knew that.

"There's a possibility that she lives in the hostel" Sam said during breakfast that day.

"Yes, she must. You are a genius, bro" Steve pat Sam's shoulder and rushed away. 

He reached the hostel campus and then thought of ways to sneak in. Boys weren't allowed in the girl's dormitories. He found a pipe and thought of climbing it, but he didn't even know which room was hers.

He walked into the lounge, thinking of ways to reach her.

"Uhm? Son? What are you looking for? " the hostel warden asked.

"Uh, yeah.. I.. " Steve scratched the back of his head, "I'm here to see, Natasha.. Natasha Romanoff... She.. Has my notes"

"Oh, wait here. I'll call her" she said and left.

Steve sat down in the waiting area and waited anxiously. His leg shaking, his hands sweating.

"Yes? " he heard her voice again, and his heart jumped. He stood up quickly, panting and sweating like a fool.

"Nat.. Natas... Steve.. Remember from art class" he said trembling from head to toe.

"Yeah, I do.. " she said with a smile, "Are you alright, Steve? "

"Yeah, I.. " he quickly took out the piece of paper, "I.. I drew this.. Without.. I mean.. I drew you.. Just wanted to show.. "

She took the paper from his trembling hand and unfolded it. Steve couldn't understand his nervousness. He was never nervous, never. Why was he now?

Her eyes got moist as she stared at her sketch.

"Hey,.. Why.. I am sorry.. I didn't want to hurt you.. You.. Please I am so sorry" he panicked more.

"No, I.. I am just amazed... Its so perfect... Thank you" she said, "No, no one has ever done anything like this for me"

"So? Can we be friends? " Steve held his hand out with a smile.

"Of course" she said, shaking his hand.

"So? You'll... We'll meet outside the art class.. Right? " he asked.

"Yeah" she said.

"Great.. Thanks.. Take care.. " he started walking backwards, "Do you have a cell phone?.. Its alright I'll.. Can I keep sketching you?.. You are... So.. Inspiration... My inspiration.. After my.. " he bit his tongue, "see you later, Nat" he waved and left.

_____

"What?!!! No, No ways Natasha Romanoff.. You, you stay away from that rich spoiled brat. You get that? " Maria was furious and yelling when Natasha told her what happened.

"He just asked me to be his friend" Natasha said.

"Yeah!! That.. He probably is hitting on you.. A bet? Maybe, or just because you are so beautiful and innocent.. He wants a one night stand and then he won't ever look at you again. Stay away from that guy" Maria said.

"Maria, stop judging him. He seems to be nice. He was so.. And I promise I won't take any wrong steps. I won't meet him alone, until we know better. Okay? " Natasha said.

"Yeah, fine. Just be careful with that guy, or any guy for that matter. We should just focus on our studies now, Nat. Not boys" Maria put her hand on Natasha's shoulder sitting beside her.

Natasha nodded and they hugged.

She kept staring at the sketch. So neat and perfect. He was such a natural artist. Natasha couldn't stop admiring his talent. And his innocence. She couldn't stop smiling at the way his hands trembled and he came all the way to meet her like that. She didn't remember telling him of her residence.

She safely placed the sketch inside her favorite novel, and placed it in her drawer. She smiled thinking of him, but promised herself to be careful.

*******
A small chapter after so long.
I know, I am sorry.
I have a neck ache that is too annoying.
Next chapter, Steve comes to meet Nat and the kids.
Do give your reviews.