Part 11

Steve was finally downstairs, having breakfast with his kids. They all smiled and talked. He was in a better mood. And he kept staring at Natasha. She sat across him, wearing a simple flowery cream color dress with bright red flowers on it. She looked so fresh and beautiful, her soft skin glistening.

But his happiness was short lived, as Natasha's phone rang and she smiled.

"Oh, yeah sorry I forgot to tell you. I.. I'm at my.. I mean Steve's house. The kids.. Yeah, let me ask.. " she turned to Joseph.

"Go on, call your friend over" Joseph said with a smile.

She smiled back, "Uh, yeah its okay, pick me up, I'll send you the address"
She hung up and Margaret looked at her excited.

"Was it that big James? " she asked innocently.

"Yes, princess" Natasha replied pinching her cheek gently.

Steve's stomach churned. His wife was going on a date, with another guy, and his kids were happy and cheering. He definitely deserved all this.

"Excuse me" he said and got up, walking back to his room.

He couldn't control himself, when he heard a car pulling in their driveway. He rushed to the window, and his heart almost stopped.

His precious Natasha walked out, looking so beautiful, and rushed into the guy's arms. Their embrace made Steve's eyes go red. Anger and pain took over him. But he couldn't do anything about this. He was the one who hurt her first. He deserved whatever was happening to him.

He moved away and tried to accept his fate, and to keep it from hurting him more, he went back to his art room and started painting, and soon, Natasha's beautiful look from breakfast filled the empty canvas.

______

Natasha returned in the evening and Steve didn't see her at dinner. He didn't feel like eating and was returning to her room, when he heard Natasha's melodious voice humming.

He walked towards her room and heard her singing a lullaby to get the triplets to sleep. He peeked in, and found her sitting on the bed, their cute little babies lying beside her, staring up at her as they sucked on their milk bottles.

His heart ached. There was nothing more then his love her. It hurt him so much to see her go on a date with another man, her hugging someone else when all her hugs, all her kisses, all her love had always been his. And he couldn't imagine the pain he had given her. He was all she had and he, in his recklessness, hurt her so much.

His hands started shaking and he couldn't breathe properly but he rushed back to his room. He was trembling, his heart beating loudly, he couldn't think, the pain too much.

He couldn't take it, he wanted to go, leave, end his misery. He searched for something but couldn't find anything, so he grabbed a vase and smashed the mirror on his dresser. The glass breaking was heard by the servants. But his room was locked.

____

Natasha ran upstairs when the servants informed her. Her heart beating wildly against her chest.

"Steve!! " she banged the door harshly, "open the door, please " she cried.

Steve heard her and his hands trembled. He had a piece of glass in his hand, it was bleeding, he was about to slash his wrist, but his hands stopped at her voice.

"Please, Steve!! For me, for our children, open the door, I beg you" she cried. She was so scared, she knew what he could do and it made her tremble.

"Steve!! Please, open the door" she begged again.

Steve couldn't take the pain in her voice. He stood up with shaky hands, and walked bare foot over pieces of glass to reach the door.

The door opened and Natasha's heart broke, seeing him all messed up.

"Steve! " she said, stepping close and taking his head in her hands, she saw the glass piece in his hands.
Snatching it she threw it away and it cut her a little.

"Natasha?! " he trembled at the sight of her blood, "you got hurt!! " he said taking her hand into his own bleeding ones.

She was stepping in but he stopped her, "No, no.. You'll get hurt, don't.. " he said pulling her out, she saw his feet bled too.

She was crying and he was bleeding, he was a mess and she couldn't see him like this.

"I love you" she said and hugged him, they both sat down outside his room, she put his head on her chest and held him close, "Calm down, Steve. I love you, only you. Please, calm down. Please, don't do this. I'll die without you"

"No, no!! I... don't..  deserve you, Nat. I am a cheater" he spoke in a shaky, stuttering voice.

"I don't care. I love you and I know you didn't cheat on me purposely. You love me and I love you, Steve. Stop this. Please. We promised to live together and if you wanna die, we'll die together " she said.

"No!! " he said looking up at her, "no"

"Then promise me you won't do it. Promise me" she said.

He could never refuse her, "I promise. I promise " he said. She hugged him again and they just sat there. With his head on her chest and her finger brushing his hair gently. Their tears falling until their eyes dried. The wounds stopped bleeding but their hearts still bled.

Sam and Joseph stood at a distance and watched them.

"Shouldn't we.. " Sam spoke.

"No!! Let them have their moment" Joseph said, "let's check on the kids"

They both left, leaving them with each other, where they truly belonged.

*******
Poor Steve😭
He's so depressed.
Bring him back Nat.
Do give your reviews.