Part 13

Sharon arrived at the Rogers house and headed to meet Steve.

He was in his art room, painting with his kids. Natasha met Sharon outside and asked her to wait in the living room.

She went in to Steve and took his hand, "Steve, we need to see someone. You don't have to panic, or get scared, or guilty. I'll be with you, through it all"

"Where are we, who are we meeting, Nat? " he asked. His eyes so innocent, it hurt Natasha to ever doubt him. She hugged him, placing his head on her chest.

"Steve, I love you. And I am really sorry " she said, "I should have known" her eyes were full of tears, "But you pushed me away, I.. I should have fought. How could I.. " she cupped his cheeks, "Anyways, this is the last.. Just come with me"

He nodded and followed her, holding her hand. His breaths accelerated at the sight of Sharon, who looked miserable herself.

"I am here, always" Natasha said, kissing Steve's cheek, then standing on a side, folding her arms.

"Steve, I.. I am here to confess something " Sharon said hesitantly.

Steve looked at Natasha who blinked, assuring him that she knew.

"I.. " Sharon swallowed, "I.. We.. Your step mother and I.. Planned.. To get you drunk and.. You didn't even touch me that night.. We framed you.. All you ever did was.. Call your wife's name"

The revelation shocked Steve, he took a step back and Natasha immediately held his arm.

"Its okay, Steve. Let it go. I didn't care if you had done a mistake, but you haven't, you and I only love each other" she said to him, hugging him.

"I am sorry, Steve" Sharon said, "Please forgive me"

Steve couldn't even look at her, and Natasha told her to leave. She helped Steve sit on the couch and rubbed his back.

"You are guilty of nothing " she said.

"But I.. I hurt you, Nat. I pushed you away, I pushed our kids away" he said trembling.

"No, Steve. You thought you made a mistake and you tried to punish yourself. I.. You have suffered more. You are ill, you blamed yourself for something that wasn't even there. We are your family, and we deserve the right to forgive you. And we have. We love you" she said, "And no mistake is bigger then the love of family "

"You forgave me? " he asked.

"Of course I have. Now you have to forgive me, for not staying with you, for not understanding your misery" she said.

"Its not your fault " he said.

"It is. As your wife, I should have known. There was something wrong, you were always so extra protective of us.. I am sorry for being so ignorant of your condition. If you are at fault, I am too. I have forgiven you, now can you forgive me"

He hugged her and kissed her neck, "Of course, Nat. I forgive you"

They both hugged for a while, "Now promise me, you'll be serious about your treatment "

"I promise" he said, "I won't let anything harm our relationship, anymore "

She smiled. James and Maggie came running to them.

"Mommy, daddy.. Come, we need to show you something " they said, pulling their clothes.

"Okay, okay.. Don't stress your daddy. We talked about this, remember " Natasha said.

"Yes, sorry" James apologized.

Steve carried Maggie in his arms and kissed her cheeks, "Let's go princess" he said. They both followed James.

James took them back to the art room and Steve and Natasha were overwhelmed to see the cute drawings of their kids. Even the twins had created a mess with their pencils and Steve kissed them for their little effort.

Their little family was reunited. Steve and Natasha found their way back to each other. Like they always had.

Over the next few days, Natasha and her kids tried their best to help Steve with his depression. Natasha took him for visits to the doctor regularly, and made sure he took his meds at time. She followed all the instructions given by the doctor. The family understood that the treatment would be slow and progressive and that family support is what would get him to recover better.

Steve was getting better each day, he started smiling more, his routines got better.

Steve agreed for birth control measures and Natasha got an iucd placed. They were still hesitant about permanent measures.

At the end of their vacations, Natasha decided to drop her studies yet again but Steve protested against it.

"You have sacrificed enough for me, I won't let you do anything more. You will fulfill your dreams, and I will take care of our children. You supported me, now its time for me to do the same " Steve said.

"Steve, you aren't well" she was trying to argue but he silenced her with his finger on her lips.

"No, I am fine. I'll be better when I spend more time, busy with taking care of my kids. You don't have to worry. Go an achieve the dreams you let go off for me and our family " he said.

Natasha's eyes filled with tears, she pulled Steve into a tight hug, "I love you, Steve"

"I love you more " he said.

They were together, and happy. Natasha got her family back, and Steve started recovering.

Everything was well.

---THE END---

*****
So this story comes to an end.
I know I suck at endings but anyways.
Hope you guys liked it.
Do give your reviews.