Chapter 6 - The 10th of February

Adelyn's POV

I was just talking to Elizabeth when her boyfriend came all the way from Alaska to surprise her. I have never personally met Xander before. Only on video chats. When they shared a hug, I immediately said, "awwww".

Then said hi to Xander, and he said hi back. We had a friendly conversation going on, and I can honestly see Xanza becoming a real married couple in the future.

"Adelyn" said some one tapping my shoulder, "can I talk to you for a while?".

By the time I looked up, I saw Orlando.

"Oh, yeah, sure." was all I could say. I was confused.

Orlando hasn't talked to me like this before... I guess there's a first for everything. I looked at the smiling Elizabeth and a Xander who was a little confused, like I am.

Orlando's POV

Adelyn was there, sitting, so I decided to take this chance to talk to her. So I called her over.
"So what's the catch?" she asked.

"Uhh, do you.. wait, no. Can you.. hold on.."

"Just say what you need to Orlando" she said calmly.

"Are you free on the thirteenth or fourteenth this month?" I asked.

"Oh, uhh no. I have plans on both dates, but I'm free fifteenth." she hesitated on the last part.

Damn, if she's in the warehouse, then I'm gonna -

"Oh, my parents told me on the thirteenth or fourteenth I can throw a party, but seeing as you can't go, it's fine" I lied.

I feel bad lying to her, but Kaden said she can't know we know. I definitely do not want to unintentionally hurt her feelings. Or betray his trust in me.

Luckily, the bell went. It was off to Science. I stood in line, and didn't make a sound. Kaden gave me a piece of paper, and told me to read it in class. He then proceeded to give two more to both Nicolette and Kaleb.

Kaden's POV

I gave Orlando, Nico and Kaleb a note I wrote. About Stephanie, and my mother. Nico knows about Stephanie and my mum so less explaining was needed in that note. Orlando's and Kaleb's on the other hand, hah.. hand. their's contained more information.

-

As we were in class, Mr What's-his-name, was sitting behind his desk on the computer. So I took a piece of paper, folded it and wrote,

'Addy, I don't know how to say this to you, but Stephanie's living with mum right now'

I reluctantly gave the piece of paper to her, and she took it, and smiled. That smile turned into a frown when she read it. She gave me a faint smile, and starting writing. She gave me the note and before I could get the note, the teacher got up, and Addy quickly hid the note in her pocket.

"Right class" he said, "We have ten minutes. For the past fourty five minutes, you've been very quiet, so I'll let you have free time till the bell."

The class was very happy to have free time. Orlando called a meeting, but I was busy trying to explain to Addy. I told them not now, and so Nico knew exactly what I was doing so she explained to them.

Addy then passed me the note.

'Steph is with your mum? Is that good news or bad news?'

I wrote,

'Good, because mum explained everything to her, about her godfather, my uncle, and mum adopted her. Because she told me both her parents died.'

I then passed the note to her. Nico then grabbed Addy by the arm, took her off her seat and sat her on the seat next to me. She hasn't sat this close to me since primary.

'Thanks Nico' I mouthed to her as Addy gave her a death glare.

She read the note and asked,
"Steph's parents died?"

"Yeah" was all I could say, "she invited me to go meet mum again"

"So go Kade, your mum will be so happy to see you again!" she said happily.

"But what about my father? Or my brother?" I asked.

"Hmm, Orlando said something about being able to throw a party on the thirteenth and the fourteenth this month, maybe you could ask him to 'throw it ' so you can meet Steph there, and she'll send you to your mum and send you back to Orlando's for your dad to pick you up." she explained.

This is a really good idea. Without thinking I hugged her and thanked her. To my surprise, she hugged back, patted my back and said,

"No worries. I hope you see your mum again".

We then proceeded to talk about other things. I can't believe it, on the thirteenth, Addy will turn into what my father and my brother are. She's much too pure for a demonic life. Sweet Adelyn Van Emers. I will give you your normal life back. I swear.

-

"Kade!" I heard as Addy shook my arm.

"Yeah?" I replied, "I zoned out"

"Yeah, pretty obvious you did K" she commented.

"Y-you've never called me K in a long time Addy" I stuttered a little.

"You call a few seconds ago, a long time?" she joked.

"Wow.. you know what I mean Addy." I chuckled.

She giggled at my chuckle. Man her giggles are adorable.

"Hey you two love birds. Come over here a minute" Nicole teased.

Addy rolled her eyes as and I just smiled at her as she did so.

"Kaleb, do you wanna do the honours?" she asked.

"I'm having a party at mine on the twentieth, and you're all invited." Kaleb explained.

"Kade, that way you can as Steph to fetch you from Kaleb's and bring you to meet your mum" Addy began, "do they know?"

I nodded my head and explained everything to her. Well, almost everything. Damn, her laugh is so cute.

Orlando's POV

As Kaden and Adelyn came over to talk to us, we all exchanged nicknames. Except for Nico, because that's Adelyn's name for her. K and Addy, is their nicknames for each other. Wish I knew Ads first.. Wow, I'm calling her Ads now.

"Kale, Nico, Lando, Kade and Ads" Nico said as she pointed to each on of us in a circle. It's a start to get to know each other.

"Oi, Lando" Dex called, "Come here"

"Great." I softly said to the four of them.