Chapter 15 - Exposed Secret

Adelyn's POV

I can't believe Rick and Rosie are here. Why are they here? How are they here? I'm definitely not looking forward to anything that devilish girl is planning. Wait, she can't pull anything if I beat her to it!

"Addy, I know that face," Kade sighed, "and I usually don't like the plans your evil brain conjures up"

I give him an unimpressed expression, before punching his arm. Seriously, does he think I'm evil?

"If she doesn't do anything, I won't. I have enough drama as it is. Plus, Artie's here, and I want to spend time with my brother and keep him safe, far away from your brother" I point at Kade.

"Rick, I'm not going to-" Rosie's voice muttered from behind us.

"What are you two planning now?" Nico asked suspiciously, eyeing Rosie's scared expression and Rick's calm expression.

"I- you see, we- well, Rick was just- ... Adelyn!" Rosie brings me into a small, hug with at least a ruler length distance between her and myself, "it's been too long, we really need to catch up sometime, Rick needs to do something right now, but we'll see you soon, goodbye!" Rosie pushes her brother and fast walks away from us.

"I thought you said she was your enemy Ads" Orlando confusedly commented.

"Me too" Kaleb added.

"She is" I assured, "this is probably just one of her traps leading to a big p-" Kade's eyebrows arch at me, "what?" his facial expression doesn't change, meaning he doesn't want me to react.. blah blah blah..

"Addy, maybe Rosie's actually trying to apologise to you?" Nico suggested.

"The same girl who accused me of spreading that stupid rumour, wants to apologise to me after what? Four years? I don't think so, Nico!" I accidentally ranted.

"That was intense.." Kaleb goofily commented.

There was silence first, then came a thunderstorm of laughter. From the five of them, not me.

"Seriously guys! Why-"

"Oh my god! The new kids are fighting!" A blonde boy announced, running into the same direction Rosie and Rick went.

There was silence again, as everyone looked at each other. Just like clockwork, we all ran toward the crowd of running students. Trying to get past the nosy teenagers, who are peering into people's private conflicts. Why we're here? Well, that's because we know the Woller Twins. They have never fought before, they'd always just give each other looks until they both get over the problem. We push past the crowd to get to the front, of the circle forming around them.

"It wouldn't kill you to just say it! Why are you so intent on keeping it a secret?" Rick questioned. "It'll end your hatred!"

"Because, a secret is a secret and I am so intent of keeping it to myself because it is my secret to tell, and I never want to tell, so can you accept that?" Rosie snapped.

"Accept what? The fact that my sister is a coward or that she's in love with her enemy's brother?" Rick immediately slapped his mouth shut, as the crowd 'oohs'.

Hold up, she's in love with Artie?!

"I hate you" Rosie spat, pushing past the teenagers behind her, and running off.

"Oh my god, who's her enemy? And who's their brother?" whispers and loud questions fill the crowd as they disperse.

"So, she's actually in love with my brother, and not Kade?" I think aloud, "my enemy is in love with my brot..her. Is this why she acted all nice to me? Because Artie was right there"