Chapter 8 - Very First Tranformtion

Adelyn's POV

I lied in bed last night, I only thought about one thing. Well, three. Kade and my almost kiss, how he's been very flirty lately, and how Lando's not attempting to flirt with me, but I can see he's trying to try... if that makes any sense.. Speaking of making sense, Kaleb and Nico's relationship and how it's meant to be makes total sense! They're just so cute. I bet that they're going to get married first, before all of us are. Apparently, Kale knows something about some one that I don't, and reuses to tell me... way to leave me curious man. I offered to give him a lift to the warehouse, and Amy said she can take us. Since mum is busy with her new boyfriend, getting drunk 24/7, she ditched us and now we have to cope with ourselves and the house. Amy's got a good job that offers her a good amount of salary per day. Being 19, that job is actually very valuable. Every school day, I hitch a ride with Nico when Amy's gone to work. The Taylors are incredibly nice, seeing as they were friends with my parents. It's been 5 years since my father's death, and it has affected everyone. My sister, my brother, and my mother. It drove my mum into a whole crazy phase. My brother, now 17 years old, living with our aunt for a while, as she tries to cope with her younger brother's tragedy. She lives far away, so he had to move schools. Amy and I miss him so much.

Since I have Demon Eyes, Amy arranged days off of work for her every thirteenth. Amy told Artie about my Demon Eyes because he's my brother, he needs to know.. It's been 3 years since Artie left to stay with Aunt Lucie. I miss Artie so much. We used to play the Wii together all the time, even with loads of homework, he still managed to make time for our Wii sessions... now he's not even here. Amy's never at home long enough to play Wii. I love both Amelia Liliana Van Emers and Arthur Alonso Van Emers dearly, with all my heart. I just wish I can spend time with them longer.

"Lyn, you ready?" She asked, calling me by the special nickname Artie and she came up with.

"Yeah, ready Lia" I replied, using the special nickname Artie and I came up with for her.

Lia drove to Kale's house to pick him up. I took shotgun because it's my sister's car, so Kale sat in the back seat.

Kaleb's POV

Ads sure missed her older brother... I should tell her to tell some one... But who? Amelia or Kade? I'll decide later.. As Amelia, Ads and I had a conversation, time passed so quickly that it felt like seconds to get from my house to the warehouse. Actually, it took 20 minutes. Oh! I know who to tell now. It's so obvious! I just need to do a little more digging..

"Glad to see the pair of you" Mistress Vatana welcomed, "Okay, I'll let you two get comfy. Head into the transformation room, the others are there. We're just waiting on a few more people." Vatana informed.

"Hey Kalepatch, are you and Adelame a thing?" teased Jackson.

I immediately replied with a,
"First off, it's Adelyn and Kaleb. Second, what the hell Jacko, no. Ads is one of my best friends and plus, I have a girlfriend."

"And her name is Nicolette Taylors!" Ads commented.

I gave her an embarrassed smile and she just gave me a proud smirk. She's such a bully... but she's helpful when it comes to giving Nikki grand romantic gestures.

No One's POV

Adelyn anxiously looked at the clock, stick inside a wall, covered in strong glass that can contain a Demon's rage. With the second hand ticking, she rode on her train of thought, blocking out the audibility of her surroundings.

"Hey, Adelame, can you think a little quieter?" Jacko teased, intending it to be a little nasty, seeing as Adelyn was silently minding her own business.

"Oi, Jacko, watch your attitude, she's not making any sounds." Kaleb defended, but Adelyn was still stuck in the clouds.

-

Time passed quickly as the hands got closer and closer to 1300 hours.

"It's nearly one." Adelyn announced.

"Yeah, we can see perfectly well." Jacko sassed.

"What is your problem with me Jackson?" Adelyn snapped, wanting him to stop being rude to her.

"Oh, my problem with you, is that you're a b-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence Jackson." Kaleb lightly threatened, cutting Jackson off.

"What, that she's a female dog?" Jackson rudely spat.

"That's it." Kaleb loudly said, "you're gonna wish you hadn't even opened that damn mouth of yours"

He clenched his fists, got up of his seat, and walked threateningly towards Jackson, who wasn't at all intimidated by him.

"Oh, no! I'm so sca-" before Jackson could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by a stinging on his cheek.

He had just been punched by an angered Kaleb.

"Kaleb." Adelyn called, but he ignored it.

"You're gonna regret that, Kalepatch." Jackson said, rubbing his cheek a little.

"Oh yeah? Try me." Kaleb spat.

Jackson swung his arm, attempting to punch Kaleb across his face, but failed, as Kaleb ducked and punched Jackson in the gut.

"That was just another lucky hit." Jackson growled.

Kaleb kneed him in the stomach a few times before Adelyn stepped in.

"Kaleb, that's enough." She ordered, pushing Kaleb and Jackson apart, "he's not worth it."

"Don't you dare be rude to Adelyn again, you understand?" He angrily scolded, as Jackson weakly nodded.

-

It wasn't long until the long hand was at twelve and the short hand was on one. Everyone knew exactly what feeling it was, but not Adelyn.

The first thing, was her eyes. Her vision turned into a shade of red. She felt her hands and toes stretching and her back arching as she grew a set of wings, just like a bat's. This was it. Her very first transformation. Oh how painful it was for her. Every first time is painful, due to the changes it makes with your body. Now she has to remain that way, until 1400 hours. Can she?