Chapter 20 - Demon Eyes

Kaden's POV

Today is the day. I just know it. I have a feeling that there is just something about today that feels so perfect. I have to do this. I've thought of this moment for 11 years. Yes, since I asked her to be my girlfriend. I've got a plan, it involves everybody. I've literally known her for 20 years and been her boyfriend for 11 years. I think it's time. I was gonna do it. I am going to do it. This is the day. Today is the perfect, day.. to propose.

Ring.

"Kade!" Nico's urgent sounding voice builds up my worry about my perfect plan going all wrong.

"What? What happened? Is something wrong? Has Addy suspected something? Is my whole plan ruined?!" I start panicking through the phone, and it's not even 9:00 yet!

"Kade, everything is fine, I'm just calling to tell you that I'm outside your house right now and the shops don't open till ten"

"Well, we'll just wait. Addy's still sleeping, is Kale with you?" I walk to the front door.

"Hey Kade" Kale greets.

"Hey, do you know the plan?"

"Yeah, but did you have to be so specific, man?"

"Hey, Addy's very, very observant, and she gets suspicious very, very easily.."

"Okay, fair enough"

"Also, do you want to come in, or are you gonna stay in your car?" I look at Kale's BMW, holding the door open.

"Right"

Adelyn's POV

"I'm ready, where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to Sweet Town" Kaleb informs.

"And Kade, since Kaleb's busy, can you help me with something? For work" Nico asked.

"No problem. I've got nothing else to do" Kade smiles.

"Thanks, you can drive me to James and Silviana's wedding and after that, Jillian and Conner's"

-

Kaleb and I are sat at a booth, enjoying our breakfast at Sweet Town. Our favourite cafe, which so happens to be near our favourite shopping centre. Kaleb and I talked and talked about all that time in the warehouse, with Mistress Vatana, and all our exercises to control our evilness. We conversed for what felt like an hour, because it really was an hour.. until Orlando called Kaleb.
Now, Kaleb's taking us to the arcade two blocks away, to meet up with Lando.

The doors open, revealing all sorts of different noises. Music, tings from the air hockey tables, thumps from the bumper cars and cheers and screams from the people, teenagers playing the games. It's going to feel so weird, because we're all 26.. we're adults.. and we're so old..

"I have a feeling that we're gonna go deaf soon" I shout.

-

"Guys, Rosie called. She wants to meet up for lunch at Marrin's" Lando informs.

We all exit the arcade and get into the car, Lando drives his own car as I get in Kaleb's. We soon reach the shopping centre and meet up with Rosie and Savannah who were already in Marrin's.

"Okay, so Sav and I had the best idea. So, we'll have a girl's shopping spree and the boys can come with us to carry our stuff, because they're such gentlemen" Rosie organises, "and by the way, we must go into Disiner!"

"It's crucial because there's no disagreements!" Sav added.

"Sure, but it's very costly and I doubt I'm gonna walk out with a purchase, but we can go in" I shrug.