Chapter 1

Hey it's me. Damita Jackson. Worlds best selling author. If you are reading this , then your about to be taken on my love journey. So sit back and enjoy the reading cause god knows I enjoyed the events.....

2004 October 15, Atlanta Georgia.
Damita's point of view

"Girl you so crazy." I said to my best friend Alexis as we walked in my house. "What's for dinner?" She asked putting away my groceries. "I really hope steak" I heard from behind me. I looked to see her son and my son walking in. They were only 2 years apart so the practically grew up together. Alexis and I had been best friends since Junior High Her and Chris , her son stayed next door.  "Well looks like steak it is." I said as I took out the things I needed for dinner. "Girl that boy of yours is getting so big!" Lexie said. I shook my head. "Yea and it doesn't help all the naked tail lil girls they be bringing in the back." I said as I set the table. "Does Shawn has a girlfriend yet?"she asked. "No but I'm waiting for the day he does brings on of them lil fast tail girls home. He's 24 and never had a stable relationship." I laughed. As we finally finished preparing dinner we all sat down and had dinner. "So mom what was it like growing up with Aunt Damita?" Chris asked while looking at me. I arched me eyebrow. " well she was the shy girl but trust me behind closed doors she's was the nasty one." She said while laughing. I swatted her arm. "I was not , that was your mother if anything." I said pointing at her. Just then my husband walked in. "Hey baby" I said standing up to greet him. "Ate everything?" He asked looking at me. " um no your plate is in the stove."I said while sitting back down. He got his plate and went into our room upstairs. We finally wrapped up dinner and they helped me clean. "Ma I'm going out tonight don't expect me back tho." Shawn told me. "Alright be safe." I said as he left. "Chris your not going." Lexi asked him as Shawn walked out. "Naw I don't hang with that crowd ma." He said while walking in the kitchen. Lex went to to her house and I went into the kitchen to see him washing dishes. "You don't have to do that boo I got it." I said reaching for the towel. "Naw I got it, go rest your pretty lil feet." He said . I went and swept the floor and he came out leaving out the back. I went upstairs and opened the bedroom door to my face being met with the glass plate my husband had eaten off of. I slid down the wall. My vision got hazy that's when I felt him lift me up and choking me. "What the fuck did I tell you about having them over here Damita huh?" He choked harder. "You just love pissing me off bitch." He hit my head on the wall and dropped me. "I'm going to bed , sleep on the couch or at your sidebitch house." He said throwing me a pillow. I got up and walked down the stairs. I went into the closets looking for a first aid. Couldn't find any so I went to look in Shawn's shed/tiny home that was connected to our house. As I went in there I bumped into someone making them drop something. I screamed and looked up to see Chris and he had dropped his down that was around his waist. My eyes widened and he quickly picked it up. "Umm umm wow" I stuttered. "I'm sorry aunty my moms used up the hot water so I came in here." He said as he looked down with a smile on his face. He grabbed me arm and moved me more into the light. "What happened to your face?"he said sitting me down at the table. "I um I fell coming up the stairs." He looked at me.

  "How the hell you fall up some stairs?" He asked

"How the hell you fall up some stairs?" He asked. "Tell me the truth NOW" he demanded. I don't know why but he had a certain hold over me. I couldn't lie to him. His eyes wouldn't let me. "Michael has been... hitting me" I said putting my head down. "What? Does Shawn know about this!" He yelled hopping up. Letting his towel yet again fall. This time it was like I was hypnotized. He chucked and pulled on some boxers. "N-no he doesn't know it didn't start until after you boys left for college and then Alexis and I started spending a lot of time together. But I'm not gay." I explained. "Woah wait so he thinks you sleeping with my moms?" He asked. I nodded my head. "If that was true then there was no way in hell Im gonna get what I want." He said laughing. "What do you mean?" I asked him. He shook his head. " listen Damita your to fine to let a nigga to be putting his hands on you it's only one thing he should be beating and it's not your face." He smirked at me. I gave a slight smile. "C'mon I'm sure moms wouldn't mind having u over, and don't worry I won't tell her." He said cleaning up my blood. I thanked him as we went over to their house. He was way mature then I remember and god don't I love that in men.