Lost

Will mentioned to meet him in the archery field. I got dressed and walked to the field. He was there by the target. He waved to me. I grinned and started to run to him. I saw Minho. He took one look at Will and aimed.

Then he let go. It hit Will straight in the chest. Will staggered and pulled out the arrow. "Will!" I shrieked.

He fell to his knees. I ran to him and put him on my lap. He looked at me. "At least.... I get to see.... your face one last time." Then he pulled me closer. I whispered in my ear. "No matter what. I still noticed that..... Minho isn't over you. You have to learn to.... forgive him. Give... another..... chance."

Then he closed his eyes and didn't speak again. I sobbed into his shoulder. Minho looked down. I ran up to him. "You shuck! I hate you! How could you!? You son of a shank!" I ran into the forest.

The deeper I ran in, the darker it became. This was the part of the forest that I haven't explored yet.

I lost Will. Now I am lost.I climbed the nearest tree. All I saw were trees, and it was starting to get dark. I went to the branch hidden between leaves. I made the moss into a pillow. I made the cover out of leaves and stuck it together with tree sap. I lay down on the branch and fell asleep.

I woke to the sound of shouts. Everyone was down there shouting my name. Someone climbed the tree. It was Minho. He was the only one to think of looking in the tree. "Mae." he whispered.

I looked at him. He was on the branch next to mine. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I did it."

"I know why you did. Just don't talk about it."

"Ok." he said quietly.

I was thinking about what Will said and what he would want me to do. Minho spoke up. "I know this doesn't help, but I'm sorry for everything. I know you still don't forgive me, but-"

I shushed him. "You don't need to explain anything."

As hard as this was for me, I did it. I kissed him. He was completely taken back. After he recovered from his second long shock, he kissed me back. He did what he always did. He put his hands through my hair. We broke apart. "Mae, you are very confusing. What made you change your mind?"

"Will."

He looked down. "I think it's time to get you back."

"Yeah."

We walked back to the village. Everybody greeted me back. I smiled at everyone. Truly though, it was a fake smile. I went to the meadow. I just needed to think. I sat there the whole night.