Beg

Fiona came back to the cottage. I was in the archery range when she came so she didn't see me. "Mae! Please come back!"

She was in tears when I saw her. I ran behind the bush. "I told you to never come back."

She dropped to her knees. "No! I won't leave!"

"Fine. Stay there all night if you please. Don't get scared when the bears come."

She widened her eyes. "Well, good bye."

"Bye."

I heard her cursing as she walked home. I continued to practice. I decided on doing one more thing. I needed to make a notebook.

I grabbed an ax and chopped the wood. First I would make a cover. I used handmade paints to decorate it.When it was finished, I set it down to dry. The cover was a baby blue with a wolf on it. Above it, near the corner, was a bow shooting an arrow facing up diagonally.

I went back to the wood to make the paper. This process was longer because of how many I made. It also to longer to make. The rest of the day was filled with paper making. Finally it was done. I attached the paper to the notebook inside it. The stack was cover on its side, and its front and back were concealed. I was able to open it. My notebook was a success.

I already had a pen stored in my desk drawer. I was urging to write in it, but I was too exhausted. I went to bed.

The next morning, after I ate breakfast, I wrote what I was feeling in the journal. Sometimes I would write stories. Other times, I would just write about the day. Everyday I had a visitor.

Usually it was Fiona. She kept coming back sobbing. Every time she would beg me to come home, I would refuse. I know you're thinking, why leave?

Well, I honestly felt trapped. There was nothing to do. There wasn't any action. All of it was gossip. I was bored. I was emotionally exhausted. I was tired of it all.

I decided on building something new. I wanted a pet pen. I wanted a room for a pet. I went out searching. I had only one animal on my mind. I wanted a wolf.

I know it seems bizarre, but I wanted a company that would do more than gossip. So I went on a hunt for a companion.

I went towards the sound of the howling from all these nights. On my way, I ran into a not so friendly bear. She charged at me and I dodged her just in time. I shot an arrow at her head. It hit and the bear staggered. I didn't really want to kill it, but I had to.

I saw something that was the most adorable thing I ever saw. It was a lost wolf pup. "Awwww."

It looked up at me. It was the size of my two hands put together. I lifted it up and carried it home. It licked my face as I held it. At home, I fed it some raw steak and gave it water. I had to check if it was a boy or girl. "I am very sorry about this inconvenience."

It was a boy. "Hmm, what should I name you?"

I sat and thought. Here was my list:
Charlie
Buddy
Gus
Dobby

I chose Dobby. Not only was it adorable, it was innocent and everything I wanted it to be. I also have cute nicknames for it like Dobbs.

Dobby sat on my lap. I needed to make hime something so I could recognize him. I decided to give him my red bandanna. It didn't even bother him. I started to clean the house.

Today, I found a new visitor. It was Minho. Things were still awkward between us. I hid behind a bush. Dobbs came out and started to growl. "Wow." Minho said. "Mae! Come back! Or at least talk to me."

"Didn't I say I would shoot your hand if you came back?"

"Yeah but I don't care. I don't need a hand if I have you."

"So your basically calling me your maid?"

"What?! No! I'm bad at this."

"Yes. Yes you are."

"Come out."

"Never."

"Why?"

"You don't understand. I don't like home. I don't want to go back."

"Why?!"

"It's boring, and I don't like feeling stuck. I like the Maze better. At least it wasn't boring."

"So you'd rather be stuck in a whole like that Maze instead of being in paradise?"

"I told you that you wouldn't understand."

"I know and I won't try to."

That was a first. He spoke again. "Just come out. At least let me see your face. Your beautiful face."

I hesitated.I haven't done it for anybody, why him? What have I got to lose. I came out. Dobby ran to me. "Good boy Dobbs." I said petting him.

"You've got a pet?"

"Yep." I still had my bow with me. "What do you want?"

"Just come back."

"No. I don't want to. I like it here. I don't want to leave, ever."

He looked down."Can we go inside?"

"Sure."

When he walked in, he gawked. "Wow, this is amazing."

"Thanks I guess. It took me four days."

He sat at the couch. Dobby's toys were huddled at the corner of the couch. He always buries his stuff. I sat down. "Well," he said. "I'm kind of at loss for words."

"Then we shouldn't talk."

"No we shouldn't." Then he, Minho being Minho, kissed me.

He had his arms around my waist as he kissed me. I put my arms around his neck. He pushed me against the arm of the couch as we kissed. I pulled him in by his shirt. Sometimes, I would think, why does he have to be so cute? Always giving those wining smiles. Being so romantic, yet sarcastic, which makes me wonder how he could be two in one.

We eventually stopped. "How's that for talking?" he said.

"Sure, with lips and hands." I replied sarcastically.

He shrugged. Dobby jumped onto my lap and licked me in the face. He gave me a sly and sneaky smile. "Is it just me or is it hot in here?"

Then, of course, he took off his shirt. I'm not going to lie here. When he took off his shirt, my heart skipped a beat. "Both I think."

He wrapped me in his arms. He was WARM. "Does that mean that we're back together again?"

"I guess it does."

"Good."

He pulled me in closer. Soon, I was on top of him. We started to kiss again. Then we flipped over. he was on top of me. I don't know how there was enough room on the couch, but there was. When we stopped, he was breathing heavily. He started from the bottom of my neck to my cheek. Then he kissed my again. When we stopped, we actually did stop.

My hair was a mess, my shirt was coming off, and my pants were ruffled. "Well, it was definitely a nice visit, but I think it's time for you to leave."

He looked at me. "Why?"

"It was a REALLY nice visit but I live alone now, away from everyone."

He looked disappointed but he agreed. "Alright, but I'm keeping my shirt off and my hair messy just to prove that I saw you."

"Ok." I smiled.

Finally, he left. I slumped against the door next to Dobby, wishing it would happen all over again.