Chapter 8: Pepsi and Wine

Dedicated to imperfect _warrior for loving my story and for also making me a cover. Sorry, I couldn't use it cause it was too small .But, I'll use it as a banner! :-D

“What do you think?” My mother asks while I just stare at the mirror wide eyed. I honestly couldn’t recognize myself, and I had the urge to scream.  My brown curls were gone, and now it was replaced with long straight hair that reaches below my shoulder blades. It’s not that I looked bad; it’s just it so isn’t me!

My mother and the woman who styled my hair were eagerly waiting for answer. But, I couldn’t as I was still processing this life changing moment. My mom seemed to love it because all this time she was smiling like an idiot while the woman was cutting my hair. And when she smiles about something, I instead frown at it.

“It looks nice!” I answer which causes my mother’s face to lighten up.

“I knew you’d love it, now sit tight while I make the payment for your hair.” She then heads to the counter taking out some cash from her purse.

Today I had to give up my curls due to Ms Flack's stupid orders. It's silly to think that a teacher threatened to expel just because she doesn't like your hairstyle. But, I mainly have Blake Lancaster to blame for something so treacherous. That douchbag caused so much trouble in my life in the past week and I honestly have no idea how to get back at him. I'm not a person who loves to get revenge, but Blake's asking for it.

And one or the other I'll get him back. My curls will be avenged!

Okay and now I am acting like an overdramatic idiot thanks to that nimrod. Something is either seriously wrong with him or me.

*********************************************************************

 “Holly, do you know whose wallet this is?” My mother asks while showing it to me. “I’ve been racking my brain for days trying to figure out whose wallet this belongs to.”

“Wait; there isn’t a driving license or any credit cards in there?”

“Right, I didn’t look inside the wallet.”

“But, why?”

“Because it’s wrong going through other people’s stuff.”I roll my eyes at her excuse.

“Well, you didn’t keep that thought in your head when you were reading Fred’s diary.”

“Fine, but you check it out.” She tosses the velvety black to me. Inside I find about four thousand dollars, and a driver’s license in one of the compartments. “The wallet belongs to Blake Lancaster.” I answer while showing her the license.

“Oh lord, he must’ve left it when he came here last week. The poor thing must be worried and sick about it.”

“Yeah, I bet he is.”

“Holly, go and return the Lancaster’s wallet to them right now.” I frown as she gives me the order. She hurriedly pushes me out of the door, while I was still dressed in my sleeping clothes. I thought about going back inside and changing, but it’s better if I get this job done as fast as possible.

I rang the door bell about four times, while eagerly waiting for Mrs Lancaster to open the door. She lived five floors above my apartment and since the lift was busted I had to climb up the stairs. I was exhausted from all that climbing and was panting heavily.

Mrs Lancaster opened the door, and a huge smile was pasted on her lovely face.”Holly, what brings you here?” she asks joyfully. It was half past eight and she was dressed in very casual clothing consisting of a loose top and a pair of jeans. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun and she had light make-up on her face. I can understand where Blake gets his good looks from!