Chapter 6

Your eyes blink open and try adjusting to the poor lighting in the dungeon. The metallic smell of your own blood on the floor made you nauseous inside. You quickly scan the area before trying to scoot your chair in attempt to escape. However, you were greeted by a sharp pain all over your body.

You looked down to see the word Lust carved into your hip bone, the blood was dried up now and it seems to have been cleaned to avoid infection. You couldn't see the one on your chest, but you knew it was there.

Tears welled up in your eyes, why would someone do this? How did you fail stalling the Baptist from carving sins on your skin?

You turned your attention back to getting the hell out of here. Ignoring the pain wasn't easy, but it helped knowing that there would be more if you didn't escape.

You achieved your goal getting the chair to the flight of stairs you were eyeballing. Taking a deep breath, you pushed yourself over the ledge and let your body tumble with the chair.

Success!

The arms of the chair were broken, allowing your handcuffs to slide out of them. You instantly grab the nearest metal pin and start picking the cuffs open. Once you get them off, you rub the red rings that were indented in your wrists.

You grab the nearest weapon and run faster than you've ran before. Searching desperately for the exit, you trade your bat for an actual gun after the first Peggie you killed. It was easy taking them out, since they didn't expect someone to be in the bunker with them. You hear John's chilling voice over the speakers as you get closer to the exit.

Is he letting you go?

"Your sin consumes you... Blinds you to all the harm your efforts inflict. It allows you to dispense of human life so easily."

You take another Peggie out as you hear him ask, "Have you ever given so much as a second thought to killing?"

You stop and stare at the Peggie for a moment. In a split second, you ponder over the authenticity of the help you are trying to provide in this county.

Instantly, the thought vanishes as you focus your sight on the exit. "The doors are closing, Deputy. Last chance to leave."

And then it hits you harder than a pickup with no brakes- Hudson.

John is only letting you leave because he knows you'll have to come back for Hudson. But why doesn't he just kill you both now? What is his other plans for the two of you?

With no time to spare, you grasp on to a zip line that leads you away from the bunker. When you land, you push through the exhaustion and make a run for the forest.

His strong words echo through your mind while you make your escape. The hatred from within you slowly begins to fade the further you get into the forest. The feelings start to mix with the feelings you felt in that room... with him. With John..

Maybe part of you didn't want to escape; perhaps a small part of you wanted him to catch you before you left. Is that crazy?

With the complex thoughts and bizarre feelings mixing around inside of you, you fail to notice a tree log that sends you to the dirt road right outside of the tree line.

"Ow!" You shriek as you hit the ground. You look up to see headlights coming at you before they slam on brakes. You want to run, but the fatigue catches up to you too quickly for you to get on your feet fast enough. Your vision begins to fade.

The truck comes to a sliding stop and a man jumps out. You look up with the last ounce of energy you have to meet eyes with him, "Nick-" you gasp in relief and exhaustion.

You're... saved?

I know, I know, I KNOOWWWW. It has been forever and I am SO SORRY! Forgive meeeee!