Chapter 21

Logan and Rory slept in on Saturday.   When they finally got up and moved into the living room area of the suite, they saw Peggy had already had breakfast delivered.

"I didn't think you two would ever get up.  I was too excited to sleep any longer.  When are we leaving?"  Peggy chattered excitedly.

"Coffee," Rory said squinting in the bright room.

"I've never been to Atlantic City.  I have heard it is trashy-classy wonderfulness.  From what I have researched, it is just a mix of everything, like Vegas at the beach.  And, my god, have you seen pictures of the Taj Mahal?  Wow, that place IS a wonder.  It is just amazing," she continued.

"Coffee," Rory repeated.

"There is so much to do there too.  There are shows every night.  There are restaurants all over.  And the beach is right there.  Of course there are floors and floors of gambling too.  I want to throw dice.  I don't know how to play or what game that is, but I want to throw dice,"  Peggy kept right on going.

"Coffee.  Now.  Please,"  Rory begged.

"Here you go, Ace,"  Logan said handing her a cup he poured from the carafe.  "Peggy, you must know by now that her sentences don't form until she has a good cup or two in her."

"I know, I know.  But it's almost noon.  I have been up by myself for hours," Peggy complained.

"It's almost noon?  Really?  Finn is sending a car around two.  I have some calls to make and I need to check my email. Excuse me, ladies,"  Logan said as he grabbed a muffin and his coffee on the way back to their bedroom.

Rory guzzled her first cup of coffee.  After she poured and took a sip of her second cup, she turned to Peggy, "Ok, get your lap top and show me all the wonders of Atlantic City, so I can pack better."

A couple hours later, the three of them rode the elevator to the lobby with their stuffed suitcases.  Logan was struggling to carry their bags and complaining, "You two do know we are only going for one night, right?  What could you possibly have in here?"

A bellman rushed over to take some of the bags from Logan.  He said, "Good afternoon, Mr. Huntzberger.  If you had rang the front desk, I would have been happy to assist you with these from  your room.  I believe there is a car waiting out front for you."

The bellman led the way through the lobby to the main door.  Parked directly out front was a huge white stretch Lexus limousine.  The uniformed driver stood stiffly next to it.  He opened the back door as they approached. "Please make yourselves comfortable.  We will be on our way as soon as I stow your bags."

Rory entered the car first.  All Logan and Peggy heard from the outside was her shriek and, "FINN!  You came to pick us up?"

"Hello, Love.  Of course I had to come.  It has been too long already, couldn't waste another minute.   Come on in and give me a hug,"  Finn said.

Rory hugged him tight and said, "Aww, I missed you Finny!"

"And I you, love.  I am so happy you and my boy are giving it another go," Finn said quietly in her ear.  As she pulled away he said louder, "Now who is this ravishing creature you brought me?"

"Finn, this is my good friend, Peggy.  Peggy, this is the legendary Finn,"  Rory introduced them.

"Ah, the regal Lady Margaret.  A pleasure, dear," Finn said as he kissed Peggy's hand.

"Oh my, Rory, you didn't exaggerate, did you?"  Peggy mumbled to Rory as Finn and Logan greeted each other. 

"Everyone kick off your shoes, get comfortable, and allow me to pour the champagne.  This is a night for celebration and fun.  Leave work and worries here,"  Finn said as he popped the cork from the bottle.

"What have you been up to, Finn?"  Rory asked.

"As little as possible," Logan answered.

"Oh, now don't you listen to Mini Mitchum here.  I have been quite busy.  It seems that the hotelier blood does run through my veins,"  Finn said.

"Logan said we are staying in one of your family's hotels right now.  It is awesome,"  Peggy said.

Finn smiled at her, "I am pleased it pleases you, Love.  Perhaps you would like to join me on a tour of a potential site when we get to Atlantic City?"  Finn asked.

"Finn, is this a business trip for you?  I thought we were leaving all our worries behind,"  Logan said.

"Just a brief tour.  Atlantic City is really the new place to be.  The place I am interested in needs a lot of work, but could be interesting.  An hour or so of work, then all fun.  It is simply a scouting mission,"  Finn said.

"I think it's great, Finn.  Don't listen to Logan.  He works just as hard.  You boys are all grown up,"  Rory teased. "Now are you going to tell us who else is coming?"

"Well, despite the short notice, I was able to convince Colin, Robert, Juliet, and Rosemary to join us,"  Finn answered.

"Really?  You got everyone to come?  Wow, this is a full reunion! And with Peggy, we finally balance things out."  To Peggy, she said, "Usually the guys outnumber us."

"Yes, a lovely addition to our little group, I agree,"  Finn said smiling at Peggy.

Peggy laughed and said, "So, I have to ask... is your group like the show Friends?  Have you all slept with each other?"

Logan laughed, "I plead the 5th."

Finn quickly said, "I second that."

Rory narrowed her eyes at both of them.  Then to Peggy, she said, "Well, there have been some relations and attempts at relations, yes.  But Logan and I are the only ones who have really ever been in a real relationship."

"Ah, yes, the attempts with my sweet Rosemary.  All a waste now that another man has claimed her heart and put a ring on her finger.  I will depend on you to distract me, love,"  Finn said looking at Peggy.

"Rosemary is engaged?"  Rory asked.

Logan answered, "Yeah, to a real putz, but don't tell her.  He's in banking or something.  A real boring one.  Luckily, she got away with Juliet for the night."

"The man is quite dry.  I am immensely happy I do not have to listen to him this evening, yet disappointed I won't have the chance to take his money at the tables," Finn said.

"What has everyone been up to?" Rory asked.

"Well, now let's see.  You know our blond god here is taking over the publishing world with you by his side.  I am conquering the hotel realm. Rosemary is on her way to becoming a Stepford Wife.  Juliet seems content to live off Daddy for a while.  Colin and Robert are both in law school, soon to take the bar and help Logan and I with our indiscretions,"  Finn summarized.

"Wow, I can't wait to see everyone,"  Rory said.

Then they opened another bottle of champagne and relaxed for the rest of the drive.