Chapter 23

They rode down the elevator to the main floor.  Then Finn led them to a part of the resort that had not yet seen.  They found themselves at the top of a regal staircase looking down over the casino.  It was a sea of lights and people and noise.  They stood just looking over the casino, amazed at how huge it was.

"Rory!  Oh my God!  It's been forever!"  a female scream came from below.  As they began to descend the staircase, they saw Juliet and Rosemary starting up towards them.  Rory ran down the stairs to hug them.

"Juliet!  You look great!  Rosemary!  Let me see the ring!"  Rory said.  After she oooh'ed and aaah'ed appropriately over the ring, Rory said, "This is my good friend and partner on the campaign trail, Peggy.  Peggy, these are the girls that saved me from being overwhelmed with those guys."

"We'll hear about history and what how they saved you later," Peggy said.  Then in her normal forward nature she added to Rosemary, "I have some Finn questions for you too.  But first, let me get a look at that rock!"  Peggy said.

Rosemary and Juliet immediately like Peggy.  The four of them chatted until Rory broke herself away to go hug Colin and Robert.

"It's about time.  I thought you were going to leave us standing here all night,"  Robert said. 

"Now that we have all reunited and had this warm, fuzzy moment, can we get away from the slot machines and gaggle of Ben Gay smelling old ladies that stumbled off their tour bus with their life savings in quarters?"  Colin said.

"Quit being such a snob,"  Juliet laughed as she nudged him. "I don't smell Ben Gay, but that they are protective of their slot machines.  That one old lady kept nudging me away from her machine while we were talking."

"Ladies and gentleman if you will follow me, I have arranged a themed dinner for our group to put everyone in a carefree nautical mood,"  Finn said.

Finn led them through the casino.  Peggy was at his side.  She grabbed his hand, "Finn, there's the dice game!  Can't we stop and try it?"

"Plenty of time later, love.  I happen to be very good at the dice game, which some people call craps, by the way.  You'll be my good luck charm.  How are you at blowing?"  he said with a smile.  "On the dice, of course."

She laughed as he put his arm around her.

"What is going on there?  Is that why she had 'Finn questions' for me?" Rosemary asked Rory.

"They just met a few hours ago, but seem to be getting along pretty well,"  Rory answered.  "You have no claim to Finn anymore.  Aren't you about to be a married old woman?"

"She's just likes messing with Finn.  She is very happy with Ethan," Juliet said. 

"Such a shame Ethan couldn't make it.  We'll all miss him tonight," Logan said with an almost sincere smile causing Rory to squeeze his hand and shoot him a warning look.

They followed Finn to doors on the other side of the resort.  When Finn led them outside to the boardwalk, Robert said, "I refuse to eat from a rolling cart on the boardwalk."

"Fear not, no rolling carts," Finn said as he continued walking. 

A short walk later, Finn stopped in front of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville.  It was a tropical paradise in the middle of Atlantic City.  Parrotheads could gather under fake palm trees and drink from plastic coconuts at tiki bars.  He gave his name to the hostess and they were immediately led through the restaurant to the outdoor sand bar area.  Since it was early October and chilly, there were outdoor heaters set up.  It made the area feel like a warm summer night.  They could see the moon reflecting on the ocean and hear the waves from their table.

"This is so cool, Finn," Rory said after the waitress took their drink orders. "I didn't think we would get on the beach while we were here."

"I have the beach in my new $500 shoes,"  Juliet complained.

"Daddy will buy you another pair," Colin said. 

"The ocean looks so pretty," Rosemary said.  "I do wish Ethan was here.  Order a drink for me.  I am going to wander on the beach and call him," she said as she got up from the table.

"Unless he can estimate the cost of the beach, I don't see him being interested," Logan said after she left.

"Oh be nice,"  Peggy said.  "She seems happy."

The waitress came and brought their drinks.  She told them the band would be starting to play soon. Rosemary returned just as they were telling Peggy about the British themed going away party Rory had thrown for Logan.

"So, you guys had pretty elaborate themed parties all the time?  Rory told me about the Quentin Tarantino themed party,"  Peggy said.

"Oh yeah, that was fun,"  Rosemary said. "What is the theme tonight, Finn? Jimmy Buffett?"

"Just Atlantic City and all its glory, dear,"  Finn said.  "We will get more in the spirit after dinner."

Just then the band began to play.  "Margaritaville AT Margaritaville?  We have to dance!" Juliet said dragging Rosemary, Rory, and Peggy into the sand dance floor with her.

The guys stayed at the table watching the girls and listening to them badly belt out the lyrics.

"So, you and Reporter Girl are back on?" Colin questioned Logan.

"Yes we are," Logan said.  "And I intend to be 'on' forever this time."

"And you have dibs on the new red head?" Colin questioned Finn.

"Hands off, mate.  She's mine,"  Finn said.

"Great.  Rosemary is engaged.  So there is only Juliet left for the two of us,"  Colin said to Robert.

"We really need to expand this circle," Robert said shaking his head.

The girls returned to the table after several songs.  A second round of drinks was just arriving as they sat down. 

"This place is awesome!" Peggy said.

"Drink up, Lady Margaret.  Dinner is coming shortly.  I pre-ordered for the table so we could get on to gambling quicker.  I'll need your luck,"  Finn said.

As he spoke, a trio of waiters arrived at the table with platters of fish tacos, coconut shrimp, fried clams, Old Bay fries, lobster tails, and various other seafood dishes.  The platters were arranged in the middle of the table and everyone dug in. 

When they were stuffed, Finn announced that it was time to hit the tables.  The group stopped near the front door of the restaurant.  In the coat check area, the attendant handed Finn a couple of boxes.  Inside were gangster style blazers and gold chains for the guys. For the girls, Finn had provided feather boas and large gaudy bracelets. 

Juliet said, "This is awesome!  I feel like I should be in a show!"

"The night is young, love," Finn said.

Then he lit a cigar for each man.  With one dangling from his lips, he said, "Let's hit the tables."