19- Late for Work

Chapter 19

[Marshall's pov]

It was silent; the only sound being the quiet lull of the heating. Even if it wasn't on, I wouldn't be cold at all- Bay's closeness to me was heating me up well enough.

He head was currently resting on my chest, and we just lay on the couch together, in the dim lighting of my apartment. She had kissed me only minutes ago; an action that completely caught me off guard. What made her forget about Louis and give in? Did she even give in to anything, or was it forced?

God, I hope she didn't force herself to kiss me just to please me.

No, she's smarter than that.

Her breathing was more regular now, and I hadn't heard a sound from her in a while.

I peered down and sure enough, she was sleeping.

My heart warmed; she fell asleep on me.

I knew I should wake her up so she could get home, like she had said before.

"Bay," I whispered, she didn't move. "Bay," I repeated, sitting up straighter.

"Hm..." She turned to face the couch, curling her legs up more into me.

"Nevermind... Go back to sleep." I whispered, giving in. She didn't answer, so I figured she had fallen asleep again.

I let my eyes droop closed, giving into sleep.

[Bay's pov]

When I woke up, I was discombobulated and a bit confused as to where I was. I looked around, and heard breathing from behind me. Then, I remembered. The art show; the kiss. Telling him absent-minded about my past, something I never should've done. Not to mention the fact that I fell asleep on him in his apartment.

I groaned, suddenly ashamed of my actions; they weren't like me at all. What was I thinking? I basically poured gasoline on myself last night, and eventually, he's going to strike a match and I'm going to burn.

I sat up, suddenly remembering that I had work today.

Marshall groaned from behind me and sat up a bit, running a hand down his face and the other through his curls.

I jumped off the couch, and as I went to rush for my bag, I rammed my knee into the coffee table. I grabbed my knee and shrunk into the couch, my eyes closed and face scrunched up.

"Are you okay?" Marshall asked, scotching down to my end of the couch.

"Fine, fine..." I said through my teeth. "I really do have to go, though, I have work, and, uh, yes. So thank you for your... Hospitality, but I really must be going." I got back up again, biting my lip from the pain.

Oh well, I told myself, you'll survive.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder, pulling out my phone.

I had several messages from Diana, most of which were asking where I was, and letting me know that she had me covered.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look okay." Marshall asked from behind me, scratching lightly at his face.

"I'm fine, thanks, I have to go- I'm late." I said, grateful that I actually had an excuse to leave.

"Oh... Okay then, I should drive you." He grabbed his keys, and I shook my head.

"I can walk, it's fine."

He gave me a look before his eyes led down to my knee, then back up again.