26- Idiot

Chapter 26

[Marshall's pov]

"You're an idiot."

I rolled my eyes, even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"I am not! Look, mom, you don't get it. I literally can not be around her without wanting to just- you know?"

I held the phone out of Clause's reach, with it on speaker.

"Just talk to her. Tell her. Use your words."

------

So that's how I ended up here, at Bay's doorstep. I kept pacing back and forth, debating whether or not to knock. What will I say?

What will she say?

I decided to suck it up and just knock before I changed my mind.

She opened the door, and she looked a mess. Her eyes were puffy, she was in a pair of black shorts and a big T-shirt. Her hair was in knots, and her voice was hoarse when she spoke.

"Marshall?"

"Yeah. Listen, we, uh, need to talk." She was about to speak up, but I cut her off. I need to get this out before I cant.

"I like you, Bay, a lot. I really do. But I can't. I just can't be around you like that, without you being mine. I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, but I can't help it, it's who I am and it's how I am. And I'm terrible with words, but I know what I need to say so that's what I'm doing. Face it, Bay- you're still hung up on Louis. You still love him. Nothing and no one will ever stop you from loving him. He meant the world to you, and that's great, but he's not here anymore, and you need to give others a chance. But I see now that you can't, and I need to respect that. I can't just be here as a shoulder to cry on when you have a bad day, when you get hurt, or when you miss him. Of course I'm going to want to help you, but it hurts too much. It hurts to know that you still feel like you belong to him. And as much as I hate to say this, I need to go. If I stay a part of your life like this, then I'm going to tear myself apart. Like I said, I can't just be someone you use to make you feel better. I have to go." I didn't even look her in the eyes once, and instead turned to rush away.

Suddenly, a hand wrapped around my wrist, stopping me from leaving.