{ s t u d i o - l i l s k i e s }

{the reader is in the studio trying to make a cover, skies is in a room down from the reader and discovers who's the one who can sing so well.}

-reader's pov-
I've been sitting in this studio for about 2 hours trying to come up with something but sadly nothing is coming together it's just one of those night where I just need to go home and sleep the stress away. but I promised my subscribers on YouTube that I would upload a cover Saturday evening it's currently Friday. "Ugh!" I sigh loudly and lean back in the chair. I started to think of songs I could cover. even asking my fans on Twitter for suggestions. a lot of people suggested Lights On by H.E.R . not a bad idea I thought. I checked to see if all my equipment was running perfectly and at the perfect angle before I hit record.
"hey guys it's (Y/N) and I promised all you guys I would do a cover and I asked you guys on Twitter what you lovely people wanted a cover for. Aaaaand I got a lot of request for Lights On by H.E.R so here I go" I finish as the music starts playing.

It's dark outside
I'm feeling right with you, oh, you
Don't turn off the lights
Can we try something new, oh, new?

You see this side of me
Fluent in the sheet
You read in between me
I ain't a stranger to the foreplay
So we can skip to word play

Leave the lights on
Leave the, leave the lights on
Leave them lights on
Leave 'em, leave 'em lights on, on
Do it side on
Switch and let me ride on
Ride all night long
Leave 'em, leave 'em lights on, on, on, on.

i sang into the microphone held up by the stand.

-lil skies' pov-
"pass me the blunt" I say to Landon, stubborn ass . I take a long drag of the blunt tryna de-stress and think of some lyrics. All the sudden I heard someone singing "yo you hear that?" Landon asked "yeah whoever that is can sing hella good" I reply. "no ones ever here this late but us, this chick must be workin hard ya think?" Landon nods. I listen more as the song finishes "imma go see who that is real quick I'm interested" I get up handing the blunt back to Landon. "But the real question is..is she interested in you?" He smirks. I roll my eyes "shut up I'm sexy"

-reader's pov-
I finish recording after about 20 minutes I slowly start to pack up my things to go home and edit this video. all the sudden I hear a knock on the studio door. I'm slightly confused and hoping it's not one of my friends pulling a stupid ass prank on me. heading over to the door sighing, while opening it "Layia I swear to god if this is a prank imma whip yo-" I stop mid sentence and see it wasn't who I'd expected. I was met with a tall guy with some braids in his hair, face tats, and a scent of marijuana. "I'm so sorry! I thought you were one of my friends" I felt so embarrassed for some reason .I can feel him looking down at me. He laughed at me ,smiling "it's ight, I heard you singing a lil bit ago and I jus wanted to say you have a great voice." feeling my face heat up with every word that came out of his mouth. "I'm a rapper I go by lil skies but my real name is Kimetrius" he explains "thank you, I'm (Y/N)" I look up at him "maybe someday or some time soon we could collaborate on some. I'd love to see what we would come up with ma" he says pulling out his phone. "I'd love to!" I smile squealing a lil bit, I snatch his phone and put my phone number in his phone "hit me up anytime when you wanna do the thing" I give his phone back. "Nice to meet ya (Y/N)" he winks.

oh boy what have i gotten myself into.

{heyyyyy! first imagine down! sorry if it sux😂😭 but comment, vote, etc
luv you!}