~Chapter 6~

I know I am late, like super late... I am updating after two days... trust me... I am so mad at myself! But don't worry I'll be regular. Please bear me for this crap chapter. I don't know if I was able to portray the exact emotion or not, but...

Anyways... Enjoy the update if you can..! :/

Also, please do leave comments regarding the chapter. I need to know what all do you guys think.

******

The next day, I and Manik walked inside the Doctor's cabin holding each other's hand tightly and holding our breaths too.

I don't know but my heart was racing on fire. My head was surrounded by all the possible negative thoughts in my mind. Manik tried to calm me down all the way but I couldn't let go of this gut feeling.

"Oh... Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra come in please. Sit" we heard doctor say. I saw Manik taking a deep breath and made me sit on the chair still holding my hand. He settled beside me.

We looked at each other worriedly and then settled our gaze on doctor.

"did you get the pregnancy report that I asked?" he asked and I nodded.

I handed him my pregnancy reports that contains all my sonographies, my blood tests and so on.

He studied it for some time. Manik looked at me and blinked his eyes telling me to calm down. I bit my lip and turned my gaze.

"Doctor... His reports?" I asked apprehensively.

He sighed and kept all my pregnancy reports back in the folder and took out few papers and x-rays from his side table.

"So you have twins?" He asked and I nodded.

He smiled. He entwined his own hands and then looked at us.

I kept observing his all actions. Why do I smell trouble?

"See Manik and Nandini... I'll be very honest with you two... Neel is not at all okay" He spoke and I gasped hard.

Manik tightened his hold on my hand.

He himself sighed hard and spoke "Neel is suffering from VSD"

I furrowed my forehead "What is that?" I asked impatiently.

"Ventricular septal defect. In simple language. Neel has a hole in lower chamber of his heart" he spoke and I slumped on my chair breathing heavily.

Tears started hitting on the back of my eyes. I couldn't think or say anything because all my mind was numb.

Manik looked at me worriedly.

"Doctor... Is it..." He tried speaking but Doctor cut him in between.

"Don't worry... It's curable. Every one child out of ten suffers from such disease." He spoke.

"So it's... it's possible that it can be cured right?" Manik asked hopefully.

Doctor nodded and added "But I am not a cardiologist. Seeing Neel's condition, I immediately called the best cardiologist. I discussed the case with him and also mailed Neel's report to him. he must have studied by now and he's flowing down from London."

Manik looked at me and at back him "But Doctor... Is it too serious that..."

Doctor looked helpless and then he looked at me "That I think I'll leave up to the pediatric cardiologist. He's best Manik. Almost 90% of his cases are successful. You can trust me on that."