~Chapter 10~

Dekhte hi dekhte, we reached on the 10th Chapter of this story.... I am so happy to writing this story.... It will always be my first love! ♥️

I just want people to be happy reading this!

******

Narrator's POV

Mahi jumped inside her Nanu's house after coming from school. She pouted instantly as she saw no one around expect one house maid. She looked happily at her palm which had three stars today. For her, it was the biggest achievement. Till now she hasn't got just two stars but today, she behaved well in school, completed all her class work, also in her art class she performed well. Overall she behaved as a good child today in school so that she could earn more stars. She wanted to make her brother happy who seemed to be gloomy these days. She being the small, she couldn't understand what was happening around her but she noticed how her mother was worried all the time and how Neel was so weak. He wasn't playing with her anymore. No hide and seek... No running around in the house and no troubling her mother. She felt sad too. So to make her mother and brother happy she earned three stars today.

She rushed upstairs throwing her school bag on the floor, which was later picked by the house maid happily. She ran inside her mother's room which was a little dark as all the curtains and lights were off.

"Mammaaaa...." She shouted excitedly as she entered inside but her mother's eyes went wide open. She instantly placed her finger on her lips show casing her to shush down. Mahi frowned as she saw her mother shushing her down.

"Mamma... See what I got..." She excitedly ran towards her but Nandini sighed heavily.

"Mahi... Bhai is sleeping, can you please lower down your volume?" Nandini spoke and caressed her cheek.

"But Mamma..." Mahi tried speaking again but her mother shushed her again.

"baby Mamma ne kaha na? Achha aap ek kaam karo, Aap niche jao... Aur Masi ko bolo woh aapko khana khila denge. Mamma ne aapka favourite pasta banaya hai. Hmm? Then come and show me? Huh?" She spoke and Mahi's face fell down.

She expected today her Mother will be happy as she behaved well and she did her classwork just like Neel. She expected her mother to feed her.

"Mamma... Can you feed me? Mujhe aapse inni sari baatein karni hai.... Pata hai Aaj na..."

"Mahi...." Nandini's stern voice stopped Mahi in between. She couldn't understand but her heart was falling down second by second. A fear was evolving in her heart. Though she was too small to understand that.

"Mamma main..." This time her voice got a little louder. Mahi was just like his father. Just like his father couldn't bear Nandini's inattention Mahi couldn't take it too.

"Mahi Shush....." Nandini's voice also got a little louder this time.

"For once do something as Mamma says... Please Mahi... Go down, have your food and then come back... Mamma will listen to all your talks. Now go." She said in a firm tone.

Mahi twisted her lips and looked at Neel who was sleeping peacefully.

Nandini had already closed her eyes wrapping her one hand around Neel. Mahi bit her lip seeing her mother cajoling Neel and not her. She obviously felt bad but she reminded herself that Neel needed her mother more than her.

She silently walked out of the room watching the three stars in her hand. She wanted to share it with someone. Wasn't it such big achievement? Maybe not for big people but for her it was.