~Chapter 11~

Thank you all for loving this story as much as you loved and supported Vivah... I am grateful🙏🏻

******

Manik's POV

I rushed inside Murthy house to find my daughter. She sounded so sad over the call as if she had cried buckets. I can in a second recognize her voice if it is happy, chirpy, excited or sad. And this time it was much more than just sad.

The silence as I rushed in was making me dizzy itself. I ran inside to see Mahi sitting on couch looking down with Navya Didi sitting on her one side and Amms on the other side. Cabir and Chachi stood behind the couch watching her cry. Where is Nandini and Neel? Does she know that Mahi was crying?

"Mahi...." I called out impatiently and her teary eyes met mine. Oh My poor child. She rushed towards me and I towards her. I took her into tight hug kneeling on the floor while she sobbed in my hug. Her little, soft hands rested around my neck as she cried making my collars and shirt wet.

"Shhh... Shh... Baby... Princess... Why are you crying?" I asked breaking the hug and wiping her tears from her pink cheeks. Her nose turned out red as she had cried so much. She hiccups and then shook her head hugging me again tightly.

I looked at Cabir who stood there sighing deeply. I wanted to question where is Nandini but I had stopped.

"Papa... Let's go home... I want to go home; I don't want to stay here with... With Mamma..." She sobbed making me tremble in her hold.

Still hugging her tightly, I looked at Cabir and Amms who stood there worried.

"What happened exactly?" I asked while Mahi broke the hug looking at me. She looked at Amms and my eyes travelled towards her too.

"Manik actually..." Cabir trailed off and spoke everything that happened today with Mahi.

"So... This is what happened!" He spoke and then took a deep sigh.

I clenched my jaw tight feeling extremely angry for that one moment. Why is she hurting everyone around her? Why is she doing this? Doesn't she see that here we all care for her and what does she do? Hurt people around her who love her.

Till now it was me, I was somewhere fine with it because I can handle her anger and pain and ignorance because I am an adult but Mahi... What does her mistake in all this? Isn't she a child too? Just as small as Neel? Just as delicate as Neel? And then she says, I don't love my kids equally. Now...

Okay Manik don't go there. You don't need to say the same thing as her. It's just situations has got us at a point where slowly everything is getting messed up.

"Papa... I want to go home! I want to stay with you. Please Papa... Don't leave me here. Please..." My daughter cried again and I pick her up as she rested her head on my shoulder hugging me again. I patted her back lightly and looked at Amms.

"I am taking my daughter home!" I announced and Amms stood shocked there.

"Manik beta... Nandu woh...." She tried speaking but I stopped her in between.

"Amms Main aapki bahot izzat karta hun. Isiliye please... Mujhe mat rokiye. Apni bachi ko rote huye nahi chhod sakta yaha jaha koi uske aansu pochhnw ke liye nahi hai. Chalta hun. Neel ko boliyega Papa missed him." I said and without turning back I started walking out.

Mahi still kept crying in my hold but I made her sit in the passenger seat and I myself sat on the driving seat. I watched her looking at the main door hopefully and it broke my heart. She must be hoping that Nandini would run towards her to stop her but...