~Chapter 8~

A small chapter but an important one!

******

The other day came really soon. I decided not to go to office as for me to being at home was more important. Nandini was still silent. All my family members tried talking to her but she replied in few words like yes, no, maybe.

Unknown to everything Mahi and Neel were still the joy of the house. Neel being ill Nandini made him stuck to her almost the whole time. Mahi was sent to school along with Aarush. She nagged so much and even cried holding me not wanting to go to school but we really can't compromise on her education. So I suggested her that I would drop her to school and even pick her up and in return we will even go to her favourite waffle store to eat waffles. She loved waffles. She can nag in the middle of the night for those waffles.

When I went to pick her up from school, she told me everything what happened in school. From her doing her classwork to her getting a star on her palm. She even told me Neel gets Three stars but she only got one today. She usually feels jealous when Neel gets more stars. But today she told me she is going to give this star to Neel. I couldn't be more proud on my daughter.

Mahi was a brat clearly because for the first time, she told me she pulled some girl's ponytail and even threw colours on her entire white uniform. I had to scold her but she just shrugged it off. Who is she like? Nandini hardly bullied anyone. I... I don't think I would have bullied in my childhood. Did I?

"Papa... When will Neel come to school with me?" She asked as she finished eating her favourite waffles messing her whole uniform. I just hope Nandini don't kill me for this. she had complained to me few weeks back that Mahi's teeth are going to be ruined because of access chocolate eating.

"Soon princess." I replied and cleared her face with handkerchief.

"how much soon?" She asked again blinking at me.

I fell silent. How much soon? Doctors have given us only two weeks' time to think about the treatment and it's already three days that we are still thinking.

"I don't know" I replied lowly and picked her up from the table. Her school bottle hung on her neck. She sipped some water and wrapped her tiny hands around my neck. How much I love pampering her. Oh my sweet little baby!

"But Mamma says Papa knows evelything. How could you not know?" she spoke and I sighed.

I wish I could be the super dad like Mr. Incredible. But I am just a simple human and simple father.

"Mahi the only thing you should know right now is... Neel is going to be back soon with you in school. Okay? No more question" I told her and settled her on passenger seat.

She stayed mum and I ran the car on the roads.

"Mamma doesn't speak much. Why?" She asked playing with the cap of her water bottle.

I sighed. Even she loved when her Mamma talked to her just like me.

"Neel is not well and Mamma is sad" I replied.

She stayed silent while I kept my all attention on the driving. Reaching to the home I saw my house full with all my family members.

But I got excited as I saw Aryaman and Pihu too settled down on couch along with Cabir and Navya didi. I placed Mahi on the floor and she ran towards Pihu.

"Bua...." She cried out in happiness and Pihu picked her up giggling and whispering something in her ears.

Cabir and Aryaman walked up to me and hugged me one by one patting my back.