Chapter 12

"(Y-Y/n)! I-is that you?" I stuttered, so shocked by her appearance I almost thought maybe they had another daughter she never mentioned.

Her hands covered her head fearfully, and she had her face tucked protectively into her knees.

She slowly looked up at me, as if she were afraid to see who it was. I couldn't blame her.

She opened her mouth to try to say something, but no sound came out.

It was then that I realized she was barely dressed. She had a white tank top covering part of her front that was sliding off one arm, and her skirt didn't even come close to her mid thighs, it was torn to shreds.

At any other time, I'd be blushing like mad at seeing her like this, but right now, that's not what I was worried about. I was worried about the blood, the bruises, the bits of cloth tied around her body, trying to cover the countless cuts.

"Holy shit... what did they do to you?" It broke me to see her like this, I dropped to my knees and tried to approach her, but she freaked out and tried to kick me away.

"Sorry, sorry! I'm not going to hurt you, I swear! Hold on just one minute, I'll be right back, I promise!" I said, I ran to her bathroom and rummaged around until I found a first aid kit, and I grabbed three towels in a heap before running back to her.

"It's alright now, I'm here, and you're safe. Your parents aren't home, they can't hurt you." I promised her, trying to coax her out of the closet. I had to get her out and hopefully to her room, it would be easier for me to treat her wounds.

She tried to speak once more, but couldn't get any words out. She started coughing hysterically, and she spat blood on the floor.

Her throat must be too dry, it's probably hurting her.

"Hold on, I'll get you some water." I said, taking off again to the kitchen this time, filling a glass with tap water. I didn't notice the state the kitchen was in until I nearly tripped on broken shards of what used to be plates and cups.

So this is what happened...

I ignored it for now, running back down the hall so fast I spilt some of the water.

I kneeled down by the closet again, holding the cup out to her.

She looked at it like it was the greatest gift in the world, but she still refused to take it from me.

"(Y/n), please!" I begged her. She shook her head, and waved a hand to tell me to leave her alone. There was no way in hell I would do that. So, despite the fact that I knew I would scare her, I reached an arm forcefully around the back of her neck and used my knees to pin her body in place. I opened her bottom jaw and forced the water down her throat.

"Drink it, you idiot!" I yelled. She choked partially, not expecting the sudden intake of water. Once I had emptied the whole cup, I quickly released her and let her gain control of her coughing again.

"Karma, you need to leave!" She exclaimed in a raspy voice.

"No way in hell. Do you have any idea what you look like right now? You look like death! You're going to die in here if I shut this door again and leave." I said firmly.

"That's probably for the best. Just go, I don't care if I die anymore." I was enraged by that comment.

"Well too bad, because I care! I'm not going to let you waste away in this closet, so deal with it. Get out here right now!" I ordered, not caring if I scared her anymore.

"That's not a choice you get to make, Karma!" She yelled, making her cough like crazy again.

I quickly reached out to her, but she swatted me away again.