Chapter 4

-Lyrica's POV

While I was gawking at his superb mansion well our breathtaking home, I heard Domenico murmuring about having to deal with me and I rolled my eyes. It's my fault that I had to come and live in this place with you. That's totally my fault! Nevertheless, I climbed out of the car and saw his butlers grab my stuff and place it in my room.

"Let's go Lyrica. I don't have time to guide you like a child. I have work that needs to be done.", Domenico fumes as he strolls into the house.

I stuck out my tongue at his back. Can't stop what I am, you prick. After all, I am a courteous 'adolescent'. So I turn to Mr. Munro and mouthed a thanks for the ride and to the butlers since someone suddenly wants to be a rude ass.

Walking inside, I begin to admire the décor and cleanliness of the foyer. There were plants litter here and there, paintings that gave off the air of sophistication, and last but not least, the craftsmanship. The stair rails, long and elegant, look like it was contrived with the utmost care just like the tables, vases, and picture frames. The portraits were designed with such passion that you'll think that art was their creator's calling. Continuing with my tour, I went down the hall and came into another area.

"Oh my, are you another one of Domenico's...courtesans?", asked a middle-aged woman wearing a maid uniform.

courtesans?", asked a middle-aged woman wearing a maid uniform

(Clara Winthrop: Kristin Scott Thomas)

I shook my head slowly at the woman. Shocked that one, she came out of nowhere, and two, Domenico was getting so much coochie to the point that she can just assume that any woman that comes here with him is, in the words of my grandfather, a world-class call girl.

Because Domenico doesn't seem like he'll hire the average prostitute. He seems like the kind of guy that wants the best of the best. Either way, I know those girls have some money to splurge! Lord, I just hope that he won't be loud. Also, I need to change how this lady sees me in the future. Who knows if the other employees think the same way as her? I have to alter their views of me too if I want to enjoy my day job.

"Lyrica, I don't pay you to wander around aimlessly. Why are you pestering Miss Winthrop?"

I rolled my eyes before I turned around. He stood there, arms crossed, looking stern. I swear I get in trouble just by doing anything. The lady, I mean Miss Winthrop, gasped.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry! I didn't know you hired-", I didn't hear the rest of it because Mr. 'I have work to do' pulled me into an elevator. The last thing I saw was Miss Winthrop's gray eyes that held confusion.

The elevator ride was short and we quickly got off. Domenico's aura is a greenish-yellow for some odd reason. I don't see why he's aggravated when I didn't do anything. Anyway, we went inside his office which looked nice.