Three

He instinctively jumped back, missing the spray. Someone attacks me and I can't even spray him. Great.

"What'd you do that for?!" He exclaimed.

"Y-you were going to attack me" I said defensively.

"No i wasn't! I was trying to comfort you! You were screaming and crying" he says.

"I don't believe you" I said.

"What do I have to do to prove to you that I'm not out to get you?!" He said.

Suddenly my door opened. My mom came in and gasped when she saw me brandishing my knife at Aiden's stomach.

"Athena Sofia Russo! Let go of your knife, now!" She screamed.

Aiden looked back at me confused.

"No mom, he's going to hurt me! He's bad!" I was panicking again.

"Nonsense. I met him yesterday" she came to me and took the knife and spray out of my hands.

I instantly starting sobbing.

"I'm so sorry, Aiden. Athena just has to warm up to you" she said apologetically.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Russo she was crying and I asked if I could come in and-"

"No need to explain. She was probably having a panic attack" she explained "Honey did you take your pills today?" She asked.

I shook my head.

"Listen, Athena. Not all people are bad and I will prove it to you. From now on Aiden comes over one hour a day and you talk to him. You haven't talked to anyone in years" she scolded.

"Aiden, stay for as long as you like. I'll let Elizabeth know" and with that, she left my room.

I glared at him.

"So, Athena. I thought your name was Sofia" he started.

"I have 'trust issues' like you said" I said, making air quotations.

"Look I'm sorry I didn't know you were sick" he said.

"I'm not sick! I'm sick of everyone treating me like a baby. I can handle myself" I said irritated.

"Not stuttering so much now, are you?" He said playfully.

"Shut up" I said.

"So what do you have. Looks like you don't leave this room" he said.

"I don't, I'm agoraphobic" I muttered.

"Oh..." he trailed off.

"Do you know what it is?" I asked, curious.

"Yes, my dad is a therapist" he explained, scratching the back of his head.

"God, I feel sick" I said, touching my neck lightly.

He put the back of his hand on my forehead. I slapped it away.

"You don't have a fever" he said, confused.

"I'm nauseous, maybe you should leave" I said.

"Oh. If that's the case... wait! No! You are tricking me" he laughed.

I giggled lightly. "Sorry, I'm just not used to this" I said.

"You could be" he said looking into my eyes.

"I wish, but it's not that easy. The voices in my head, they don't shut up" I say.

"Is that why you were screaming?" He asked.