Six

"Maybe it's time you know my story"

*

"What do you mean?" Asked Aiden, in disbelief.

"The reason why I am agoraphobic" I say "Don't you want to know?" I question.

"Of course, Athena but" he trailed off.

"But what?" I asked, my shoulders slumping.

"Are you sure? I thought I wouldn't know for some time" he says.

He is right. I don't know why I have the urge to tell him. I feel as though I could trust him with anything, but things might be going to fast. Things can change quickly.

"What day is it?" I ask.

"Monday, August 20th" he said.

My heart lurched. "December 20th" I breathed "If you're still here, that is when I will tell you" I said.

"I am alright with that" he agreed.

"I hate to leave you Athena, but I start school tomorrow and I have to go organize some things" he says.

I nodded. "I understand. I will see you soon" I smiled weakly.

It's done for. This friendship.

This is how friends leave right? A couple of things to do, always busy. And before you know it they leave you. I'm glad I decided to wait.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it before strolling to the window seat.

"Au revoir, my lady" he saluted.

And he was gone.

*
Cold. I could feel it in the cool December air. It was Christmas, a day where everyone was happy.

But I wasn't.

"It's all right, sweetie" my mom assured me.

"H-he's gone. He won't come back" I wailed miserably.

She stiffened. She knew this was true, she wasn't trying to grieve but she knew.

She knew it was me.

*

I woke up crying into my pillow. I quickly counted from zero until the numbers distracted me and I was calmer.

I shook with fear. I looked at my open window, and saw Aiden's was open too, blinds up.

I can't wake him up. He needs to rest.

I stood and closed my window, turning on my lights.

I read until the words blurred together and my head felt heavy. I leaned back in my window seat and closed my eyes...

*

I awoke slowly, opening my eyes on at a time. I stand up and check my phone.

It's 7:00 a.m.

I did expect it. As I said before, my internal clock seems to like waking up early. She knew high school students leave in the bus at 6:40 and that they came back at 2:10, so there was no use in looking for Aiden.

She looked at her window.

It's no use, but her head snapped back to the window where a post-it note was sticking to it. I walked to it and opened the window to take it off.

-It's a nice day- I thought. Maybe I'll leave the window like this. But a chill crept through me and I closed it. I turned the note around.

Had to leave, but I'll catch you later. I hope you're alright and we need to talk...

- Aiden

*

A/N: Omg! It's been so so long since I've updated and I'm sorry so feel free to re-read so you can refresh your memory. I've just been so busy with school and I felt like that story isn't good but oh well!

italian-blossom